Known Problems (Please read before posting)

quantumstate

10 hours ago, Notsonoble said:

So I've looked about the forum, and the roadmap at trac.wildfiregames.com. What I haven't (beyond a very old thread in project governance that had no discussion) is a list of things wfg wants finished before moving out of alpha stage. I think perhaps that would be a good thing to make public, especially since its rather playable in it's current state.

Such a list was already done (and redone) many times. Each people ignoring the list of the previous people.

One of the last public list is here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameplayFeatureStatus

• Like 2

This is a discussion we've had many times, and we don't have at the moment a coherent vision on the features we want before we stop calling it an Alpha.

The list above fitted the 2010-12 vision rather well, but it requires substantial programming work to complete and may be unfinishable. Advanced Ship Movement is possibly impossible for  a 0 A.D.-like game, Charging is technically very difficult, directional attack bonuses also require substantial technical changes to work correctly - unless it's entirely tied with formations, which is then a feature of its own to finish.

My personal wishlist, which is mine only, is basically summed up by "Sufficiently efficient pathfinder".

• Like 1

Ships require actual pathing, planes have no collision whatsoever. This is a very different situation. Pathing on a curve is quite annoying and slow. Pathing on a realistic ship curve is extremely annoying. Also our maps are ridiculously small and ships are ridiculously big.

• Like 1

Then I think the people involved really need to discuss, make those decisions, and stick to them. The game is in a playable state, but gets a lot of bad word of mouth because it's "never ending alpha," and "lack of development direction." Even if it's goals to take it from alpha to beta vs alpha to release, the game is better that word of mouth suggests because of that alpha tag, and no clear expectations of when it will go away. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

buenas noches, es que instale el juego y al ejecutar me abre bien pero voy a tutorial me sale este error en una pantalla gris

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x8C076E40)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

QUE DEBO HACER  PORQUE DE UNA ME SACA DEL SISTEMA GRACIAS

3 hours ago, jonhf said:

buenas noches, es que instale el juego y al ejecutar me abre bien pero voy a tutorial me sale este error en una pantalla gris

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x8C076E40)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

QUE DEBO HACER  PORQUE DE UNA ME SACA DEL SISTEMA GRACIAS

Varias cosas que hacer deshabilitar efectos gráficos.

Serie bueno que nos proporciones archivos de crasheo.

Similar a esta pantalla (crash)

Windows-Program-Error.png

Si estas en Windows desde el menú inicio podes acceder a.

Start menu > 0 A.D. alpha > Open logs folder

Adjunta el archivo crashdump contiene una serie de llamadas, que es el estado del programa en el momento en que se crasheo o se cerro de manera drastica, esta es la información más útil para la resolución de problemas. También hay un problema con el sistema (sistema operativo, versiones de controlador, CPU, etc.). Solo se guarda el bloqueo más reciente, por lo que es mejor informar el bloqueo tan pronto como se produzca.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ReportingErrors?version=9

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, dawoodjee said:

How about units not fighting when in proper range, being attacked, or something similar?

I just installed Alpha XXI Build 13-Nov-2016 (18915P-release). For some reason some of my units wont fight when directed to attach an enemy

Current version is Alpha XXIII. from may 2018

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
53 minutes ago, michv said:

Workers sometimes can't reach trees that grown on hills, they go for it but it looks like they can't find a place to start chopping

Yeah, or trees next to hills, or trees in walls, or trees too far in the water.

It can be quite annoying. Workers look busy and don't show as idle but don't cut any wood. Sometimes the tree as such is ok, like for one worker, but the territory/angle is weird and so the workers all block each others' path...

• 2 months later...

Defense vs. Offense isn't balanced.

If I play against AI and get attacked I could either attack with all my trops and try to kill the attackers, but if I just stay inside my buildings and the attackers can, unless they have catapultes, etc., not do any harm to my troops or building if their force isn't overwhelming.

This causes me to not go into an battle but stay inside my buildings and wait until the attackers troops are dead without doing any harm on my essential troops or buildings.

That makes the early and mid game very boring. Couldn't earlier buildings be destroyed sooner and thus force me to go into open battle earlier? I think that the game would be better with more open battles and less defense. Because the current version makes any attack before you have siege engines a waist.

Edited by qiscratch

Not really enough information to help you under which operating system are you trying to install under we support three Windows, OSX. Linux if the setup fails I will assume you are using Windows as only it uses an installer.Things to check do you have enough space on your hard drive and was the download corrupted that is the most common reason for the install to fail.

Enjoy the Choice :)