Death Canyon thoughts

Cassador_Chris

So I just started playing alpha 9, and its great, but I just had a handful of thoughts regarding the Death Canyon maps.

1: Death Canyon is a lot of fun! I have a feeling this map is going to eventually be dominated by Persians---given their strengths---and perhaps Romans or Iberians. I also feel that resources are perhaps a little low. I just played against qBot on the map, threw up some walls and towers and just waited them out. They launched plenty of huge attacks, but they were all beaten back with almost zero casualties on my part. Eventually they ran low on resources and I marched on them. QBot didn't put up much more than lots of fortresses, but in a multi-player game, I could easily see two players bloodying each other to a standstill where neither side is actually strong enough to defeat the other. A lot of fun, to be sure, but what happens then? Clearly I think the map might be best suited for team games, where trade is available(also a great addition!).

Edited by Cassador_Chris

team games, where trade is available(also a great addition!).

You can trade with your own markets as well, so no need for team games to take advantage of trade :) (The AI doesn't know how to use trade yet though as trade was added late in the Alpha 9 release cycle.)