AIs build mass female peasants

FeXoR

I don't know why, but AIs tend to build mass female peasants especially if the map resources run low.

That's exactly the wrong way to go!

If the map has not many resources left, AIs should STOP building female peasants because they are useless in that state of the game (and that may be the case from star on).

The "new RMS Test" generated maps are quite playable (though not very exciting) for human players with farms and a market.

But AIs even have problems with maps with mass wood, stone and metal, just because there are no plants to harvest food from.

This really is a stupid thing, I feel.

I don't even like berry bushes and apple trees because they only block buildsides, make me gather apples but wood by accident and all got a lower gather rate (including chicken, deer, sheep, corral etc.) then fields (because u can put them right next to your city center).

The AI of cause should use them, but shouldn't need them!

Edited by FeXoR

I agree, there should be a protocol for the AI to stop building females after a certain point (qBot especially is notorious for this.)

It just creates a lot of lag, and if they're your allies, they come over to your camp and clog up the streets. So yes, it does get annoying after a while -_-

I don't know why, but AIs tend to build mass female peasants especially if the map resources run low.

That's exactly the wrong way to go!

If the map has not many resources left, AIs should STOP building female peasants because they are useless in that state of the game (and that may be the case from star on).

The "new RMS Test" generated maps are quite playable (though not very exciting) for human players with farms and a market.

But AIs even have problems with maps with mass wood, stone and metal, just because there are no plants to harvest food from.

This really is a stupid thing, I feel.

I don't even like berry bushes and apple trees because they only block buildsides, make me gather apples but wood by accident and all got a lower gather rate (including chicken, deer, sheep, corral etc.) then fields (because u can put them right next to your city center).

The AI of cause should use them, but shouldn't need them!

The AI aims to have 100 females at all stages of the game. This does not lead to optimum play in all situations but does give a strong economy in general and keeps things simple for now. I disagree that females are useless in the late game, they have the same utility as in the early game, they allow rapid rebuilding of an economy. The problem is that qBot tries to rebuild them before beating off the attacking force

The AI should cope with maps which only have trees, stone and metal though not optimally and it might complain a bit. Maps with no resources like "New RMS Test" are not going to be considered since it is basically silly in my opinion.

Geek377:

I haven't noticed the AI sending females to clog up streets, can you give more details about how this happened?