New Error!

gameboy

When I run the game, and then select the archive, the game crashes and this error message:

Assertion failed: "0 && (L"CCmpDecay must not be used on non-local (network-synchronised) entities")"

My operating system windows7, I use the variation tool is vc2008.net :victory:

Start a new game, save the game, the game can not be saved.:angry: :angry: :angry:

error message::

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (PSERROR_Serialize_InvalidScriptValue ("Serialize_InvalidScriptValue"))

The Call the stack:

(error while dumping the stack: No. the stack frames found)

errno = 0 (No error reported here)

The OS error = 487 (attempt to access invalid address.)

Edited by gameboy

Hmm, you write in the topic title that the SVN revision is 1094, I doubt that is correct as the latest revision is 11194. I'm guessing that's what you meant though?

That said I can report at least a similar issue:

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (PSERROR_Serialize_InvalidScriptValue("Serialize_InvalidScriptValue"))

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)

OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

Revision 11194, custom built .exe (VC2010), after trying to save the game. First you get back to the main menu, and get the above error message, then pressing continue makes the application crash.

When I run the game, and then select the archive, the game crashes and this error message:

Assertion failed: "0 && (L"CCmpDecay must not be used on non-local (network-synchronised) entities")"

Any more info on this error? I'm not able to reproduce it. It doesn't appear related to the AI serialization bug.

ok, this reminds me of the game lag, I'm just the way, thank you!

The bad news: I have just tested the SVN-11198, the error from happening again.:banger::angry: :angry:

Load a previous save games, the game crashes!

Error message:

Call stack:

Edited by gameboy

ok, this reminds me of the game lag, I'm just the way, thank you!

The bad news: I have just tested the SVN-11198, the error from happening again.:banger::angry: :angry:

Load a previous save games, the game crashes!

Error message:

Call stack:

Ok, that's the error that wasn't fixed, it was the crash when trying to save games that was fixed. This error we need more information to be able to debug. Could you please post more details? What map did you play on? What AI did you use? Did you try to load a save game from before SVN revision 11198?

Just as a general information to help with debugging, I just updated SVN and built the game and saved and loaded a savegame without problem, so it's at least not a general issue. (Acropolis III, played against qBot, just played a couple of seconds to test if it was a general load issue.)

Map:The Massacre of Delphi

AI:qBot

"Did you try to load a save game from before SVN revision 11198? " My answer is: yes, the load a save game from before the SVN revision 11198.

Loading saved games across different game versions is not supported yet. Can you reproduce the error while loading a saved game created by the same svn revision?

Loading saved games across different game versions is not supported yet. Can you reproduce the error while loading a saved game created by the same svn revision?

Yes, I tested svn-11198, I created a new game archive file, and then I load the game archive, no error is found, it does not support the archive of previous versions to create game, thank you!

Another: What if you have been to solve the caused because qBot, game lag, thank you!

Edited by gameboy

Loading saved games across different game versions is not supported yet.

Yeah, that will cause a wide variety of random errors depending on how it misinterprets the binary stream. (We should update the version numbers in source/ps/SavedGame.cpp when changing components incompatibly (or at least increment it for each official release), though first we should make the GUI file-loading code detect old versions and complain instead of blindly attempting to load them. I suppose that would be valuable for the next alpha release, since it's the first release where normal players are likely to have incompatible saves.)

Yeah, that will cause a wide variety of random errors depending on how it misinterprets the binary stream. (We should update the version numbers in source/ps/SavedGame.cpp when changing components incompatibly (or at least increment it for each official release), though first we should make the GUI file-loading code detect old versions and complain instead of blindly attempting to load them. I suppose that would be valuable for the next alpha release, since it's the first release where normal players are likely to have incompatible saves.)

By "next" do you mean Alpha 9 or 10? :)

I would say if a saved game is an old version not supported by the engine, then it shouldn't even be displayed in the GUI or else it should be clearly shown as an invalid choice. That seems better than explicitly complaining because it's not as if the player has done anything wrong.

Eh, I would let the game load it, but give a big warning and ask for confirmation first. People might want to try to load it, even knowing the risk. I can't think of a good example why outside of finishing an old campaign (which is a long ways off), but I feel warning+plus allowing solves all the problems without limiting user freedom.

By "next" do you mean Alpha 9 or 10? :)

I forget which number we're on - I just mean whichever is the first version we haven't released yet :)

I would say if a saved game is an old version not supported by the engine, then it shouldn't even be displayed in the GUI or else it should be clearly shown as an invalid choice. That seems better than explicitly complaining because it's not as if the player has done anything wrong.

I think hiding it from the list entirely would potentially confuse players, and they'd worry that upgrading the game had deleted all their old saves. Also it would prevent them from choosing to delete the old saves (assuming the game had some UI to delete saves, which it doesn't yet). But adding some marker to indicate old saves in the list would be fine.