How to create mods for 0 A.D.?

Phoenix4646

Hi there,

I've been trying to mod the game by creating a new folder in the mods folder (where you find the 'public' folder as well) and calling it gen. In that folder I put the audio/music folder and changed the main menu and hellenic peace tracks, then I created a new shortcut from pyrogenenis.exe and added -mod=gen. But when I start it, nothing has changed, all the tracks are the same. What did I do wrong? Do I have to change anything else?

They are exactly the same, to test it I put all the files from the game into that new folder and renamed it to public (calling it 'internal' also worked), and then it worked. I could hear all the tracks I changed. But why does it only work when I replace the files?

03/02/2012 : Does no-one have an idea?

Edited by Phoenix4646

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd reply to your question even though I don't really have an answer for you. The changes you are making will not change the music - I have replicated what you are doing and I can confirm it does not work.

What you could try instead, is change the MAIN_MENU_TRACK in the music.js file which is here:

binaries/data/mods/public/gui/common/music.js

So place a duplicate of that file (and folder structure) into your mod folder, and change the track references there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, whatever, I'm sure you guys get to 'fix' this anytime :)

But while I'm at it, where are the unit files located at?

EDIT:: @Quantumstate: Yeah, I thought the same. Yet it is still odd that it even didn't work when I renamed the folder ^^

Edited by Phoenix4646

Hm, whatever, I'm sure you guys get to 'fix' this anytime :)

But while I'm at it, where are the unit files located at?

EDIT:: @Quantumstate: Yeah, I thought the same. Yet it is still odd that it even didn't work when I renamed the folder ^^

The data files describing the units are in simulation/templates, they use an inheritance system. There are also data files which describe the 3D models in art/actors/.