Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
runrunrun

about cavalry units

7 posts in this topic

can cavalry units run at double speed when double right clicked? like the 'total war' games, and the real 'charging' mode, crushing the enemies down.biggrin.gif

Rome Total focuses only on the battles, while 0 A.D. focuses both on the battles and on the economics, so it would be a mistake to add charge this way, since it would require more attention of the player to the battlefield (a thing the team doesn't want is micro-management like what could be done with this). What can be done is to make the cavalry auto-charge (and this has already been suggested a bunch of times, including by myself), but the team is first developing the main features of the game before thinking about battle mechanics.

Even though, rest assured your suggestion will be taken into account. victory.gif

Sorry to disappoint, Pedro, but charging and running are indeed planned. In fact, these features were implemented in Sim1 prior to the Sim2 engine rewrite.

Here is a very old showcase on the subject: http://www.wildfireg...age.php?p=10066

EDIT: Erik beat me to it. victory.gif

Actually this will be implemented pretty much like that, see http://www.wildfireg...age.php?p=10066 for an old writeup. It might not end up 100% like that, but more or less.

That's REALLY impressive, I've been dreaming to have charging units in an AOE-like gamegood.gif

Edited by runrunrun

Rome Total focuses only on the battles, while 0 A.D. focuses both on the battles and on the economics, so it would be a mistake to add charge this way, since it would require more attention of the player to the battlefield (a thing the team doesn't want is micro-management like what could be done with this). What can be done is to make the cavalry auto-charge (and this has already been suggested a bunch of times, including by myself), but the team is first developing the main features of the game before thinking about battle mechanics.

Even though, rest assured your suggestion will be taken into account. victory.gif

no entiendo muy vien lo que se quiere decir.

¿corren mas rapido los caballos?

¿esto se puede hacer? porque no me funciona

wind do not quite understand what you mean.

Do they run faster horses?

Will this be done? because it does not work

Edited by Carlos_Barraza

no entiendo muy vien lo que se quiere decir.

¿corren mas rapido los caballos?

¿esto se puede hacer? porque no me funciona

Aún no. Pero, cómo Erik y Michael me corrigiran esto está planeado para breve y incluso ya fue agregado antes, pero durante la reforma del juego (en 2009, yo creo), la opcion fue perdida.