qbot

Kazu Kun

So, Just curious..

Does the Qbot simply give up after so long?

I had a defense setup that was pretty amazing, and somewhere along the game, it was like he just gave up and stopped attacking all together..

Plus there's the fact that i had a full lineup tower/castle defense system, and he wasn't using siege at all?

I'm not mad about that, I just found it a bit odd that the bot wouldn't over-come my "Turning the Skies black with arrows" defense with some kind of siege, or at least attempt to..

And I wasn't really sure where to put this, so I stuck it here.

Maybe out of resources, wood is really a problem in some maps... The bot search for trees, no trees on sight, it doesn't know how to trade and wasn't programmed to handle the lack of a resource, so it stops right there, stuck at the "train that archer who spends a lot of wood" line of code. Just a guess, wait for the creator's response.

Nah I was looking around the map, and there was plenty of wood, not a lot of stone or iron, but there was enough to let it keep going..

but maybe it did just freeze up or something? It should be considered to be fixed in the future..

Regardless that still doesn't explain the lack of siege, I mean he stormed my walls with around 1,000 troops throughout the game ( usually in groups of 30-70 ) but in all those groups, no siege @.@

Can you tell me which version of the game this was? In Alpha 8 there was a bug in the attack code which might have caused this, it sent qBot's army into the corner of the map.

qBot doesn't know hwo to use siege but it should occasionally build it. Sometimes it gets stuck due to pathfinding issues and then qBot can't work out that it is stuck so leaves it there.

Well the weird thing is, sometimes it uses siege and whenever it does, it successfully attacks me with it and it doesn't really seem to get hung up ( or at least most of the time I don't see it getting hung up or anything.. its just a lot of times.. it won't use it

Usually when it doesn't its not like hes being hung up or anything, it just doesn't use it

Its the alpha 8 ( since 9 hasn't been released yet.. ) for windows

Random map

( Umm the very first map that it allows you to pick, is the map that it was..

2 Players, Tiny map, Teams locked, Map not revealed)

He was attacking me with huge forces, they just weren't using siege..

Edited by Kazu Kun

(You can use the SVN version though: http://trac.wildfire...rtoiseSVN_Guide ;) )

@.@ SVN is very confusing, I will probably get around to putting that in later on,

By the way, we should open up a Teamspeak server for the website :) I think that would be awesome! :o

Also, how would I go about installing SVN on a mac system?

Edited by Kazu Kun

• 2 weeks later...

I have just committed a change which should give a fairly large speed increase for the qBot code. It speeds up the reassignidleworkers code significantly which was the slowest bit of qBot in late game causing some lag spikes.

If you find the game starting to lag then I would find it helpful if you could give me some details on what is being slow since real life testing is always good (I mainly do AI vs AI). To do this press F11 and start hitting numbers to get into the details, qBot is under Sim Update->AI Script, just watching the numbers and telling me roughly what is taking longest and what proportion of the total qBot time it is would be great (approxmations are fine).