Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spahbod

Random Map Script:Phoenician Levant

9 posts in this topic

Hi. After attempting to improve historic_brunno's path code with zero success for four days, I surrendered and went back to my work. Well, as the name shows, it is a map of eastern Mediterranean. It also sometimes contains cyprus which is full of minerals.

Pheonician%20Levant.png

Link to Download

Edited by Spahbod

Really nicely done. The landscape is well textured, trees well placed, and I like the random island in the western sea with all its resources.

Isn't the sea on the left too big? I feel like it could be reduced a bit, it would speed things up slightly.

I recorded a 1vs2 match against qBot on Phoenician Levant:

The stone and metal mine placement doesn't appear to be very balanced - sometimes a player only gets 1 stone and 1 metal mine, while another player gets 2-3 stone mines and 2 metal mines. Perhaps you could look into that? The coast line could also be less of a straight line. Other than that, I really like this RMS :)

I recorded a 1vs2 match against qBot on Phoenician Levant:

The stone and metal mine placement doesn't appear to be very balanced - sometimes a player only gets 1 stone and 1 metal mine, while another player gets 2-3 stone mines and 2 metal mines. Perhaps you could look into that? The coast line could also be less of a straight line. Other than that, I really like this RMS :)

Nice play. I liked your way of building a fort near the enemy base.

You're right. I had the same problem yesterday. The whole system is not balanced though. But in this case, the shape of the map makes the matter worse. I'll try to find a way to fix this.

You're right. I had the same problem yesterday. The whole system is not balanced though. But in this case, the shape of the map makes the matter worse. I'll try to find a way to fix this.

Sorry for making your task list even tougher ;)

W-w-oaaah, that island in your screenshot looks like austrlia without tasmania! lol

IDEA! Could you do a rms script with 3 big islands, and like 10 small ones, that resembles Papua new gunnea, australia, and newzealand? That could be your new challenge! :P

Edited by AuroN2