Maps and Biome Guide

Mythos_Ruler

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The biomes are great. I have no idea if this is a original idea or (partly) from another game but that does not matter. I hope to see more biomes, it does such a excellent job to the atmosphere. It is truelly great, I'm very positive about this.

I myself do not care about the fantasy ones like gear, so perhaps a filter that says:

-Authentic maps

It would also be nice to have better or more detailed descriptions. I would like to know what factions would be there. I prefer playing as immersive as possible so with factions that might or would be there (though I could play scenarios for that). This task could be done by fans of the game who like to help out.

One biome I would like to see is a green Middle Eastern map. Just like many people when I was young I was under the impression that the whole Middle East was desert and mountains. But when I was about 14 (that's 7 years ago) I came across some beautiful pictures of Iran which was very green (can't find it anymore I did look). That would be nice.

The biomes are fantastic work. The scenarios are also great, very immersive. The only critism I have but I'm sure has been heard is some animals are placed on the wrong biomes. Some might be placeholders which is fine. But being such a nature freak when I see a wildebeest in Turkey it makes me a bit like Michael Scott seeing Toby return:

Only with the wildebeest though as it is quite an error and of course I'm exaggerating.

Edited by Unarmed

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

We can including misc lands, for example AOE III Yucantan. Becuse in this map is my country. Or AOK HdII

QlJjViW.jpg

We can re named: Mesoamerica (tropical type Caribbean ).

Mesoamerica is a region and cultural area in the Americas, extending approximately from central Mexico to Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and northern Costa Rica, within which a number of pre-Columbian societies flourished before the Spanish colonization of the Americas in the 15th and 16th centuries.[1][2] It is one of six areas in the world where ancient civilization arose independently, and the second in the Americas after Norte Chico (Caral-Supe) in present-day northern coastal Peru.

Have good a beautiful fauna.

tNesZsH.jpg

Deep forest

K6vPKcP.jpg

And expledid beaches.

OxiSR8V.jpg

1yhmclZ.png

####################%%%%##%%%%%

NZzsApu.jpg

########### Yucantan map###########%%

To the east and west of the map is two ocean coasts, with each player starting alternatively on the right or left. Control of your own ocean is easy to establish, but control of your enemy's ocean would put you in a favorable position, enabling you to attack at the heart of your opponent's colony.

All resources are plentiful on this map, but an addition of naval combat may deplete your mines quickly. Use the ocean to fish and go whaling.

Herdables: (none)

Herds: Deer (400 ), Tapir (500 ).

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/gameinfo/twc/randommaps/index.shtml#yucatan

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

more tropical texture.

Thick Leaf Plants Stock Photos & Thick Leaf Plants Stock Images ...

Beautiful+dead+leaf: Imágenes, fotos de stock y vectores ...

If my country and india have similar biomes. Probably in some areas the rain makes a huge patches of dead leaves.

Tropical rainforest, also spelled tropical rain forest, luxuriant forest found in wet tropical uplands and lowlands around the Equator. Tropical rainforests, which worldwide make up one of Earth’s largest biomes (major life zones), are dominated by broad-leaved trees that form a dense upper canopy (layer of foliage) and contain a diverse array of vegetation and other life. Contrary to common thinking, not all tropical rainforests occur in places with high, constant rainfall; for example, in the so-called “dry rainforests” of northeastern Australia, the climate is punctuated by a dry season, which reduces the annual precipitation. This article covers only the richest of rainforests—the tropical rainforests of the ever-wet tropics.

Tropical rainforests grow mainly in three regions: the Malesian botanical subkingdom, which extends from Myanmar (Burma) to Fiji and includes the whole of Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu and parts of Indochina and tropical Australia; tropical South and Central America, especially the Amazon basin; and West and Central Africa (see biogeographic region). Smaller areas of tropical rainforest occur elsewhere in the tropics wherever climate is suitable. The principal areas of tropical deciduous forest (or monsoon forests) are in India, the Myanmar–Vietnam–southern coastal China region, and eastern Brazil, with smaller areas in South and Central America north of the Equator, the West Indies, southeastern Africa, and northern Australia.

Earth's floral regions

Tropical rainforests occur in regions of the tropics where temperatures are always high and where rainfall exceeds about 1,800 to 2,500 mm (about 70 to 100 inches) annually and occurs fairly evenly throughout the year. Similar hot climates in which annual rainfall lies between about 800 and 1,800 mm and in which a pronounced season of low rainfall occurs typically support tropical deciduous forests—i.e., rainforests in which up to about three-quarters of the trees lose their leaves in the dry season. The principal determining climatic factor for the distribution of rainforests in lowland regions of the tropics, therefore, is rainfall, both the total amount and the seasonal variation. Soil, human disturbance, and other factors also can be important controlling influences.

The climate is always hot and wet in most parts of the equatorial belt, but in regions to its north and south seasonal rainfall is experienced. During the summer months of the Northern Hemisphere—June to August—weather systems shift northward, bringing rain to regions in the northern parts of the tropics, as do the monsoon rains of India and Myanmar. Conversely, during the Southern Hemisphere’s summer, weather systems move southward, bringing rain from December to February to places such as northern Australia. In these hot, seasonally wet areas grow tropical deciduous forests, such as the teak forests of Myanmar and Thailand. In other locations where conditions are similar but rainfall is not so reliable or burning has been a factor, savannas are found.

Topographic factors influence rainfall and consequently affect rainforest distribution within a region. For example, coastal regions where prevailing winds blow onshore are likely to have a wetter climate than coasts that experience primarily offshore winds. The west coasts of tropical Australia and South America south of the Equator experience offshore winds, and these dry regions can support rainforests only in very small areas. This contrasts with the more extensively rainforest-clad, east-facing coasts of these same continents at the same latitudes. The same phenomenon is apparent on a smaller scale where the orientation of coastlines is parallel to, rather than perpendicular to, wind direction. For example, in the Townsville area of northeastern Australia and in Benin in West Africa, gaps in otherwise fairly continuous tracts of tropical rainforest occur where the prevailing winds blow along the coast rather than across it.

Mean temperatures in tropical rainforest regions are between 20 and 29 °C (68 and 84 °F), and in no month is the mean temperature below 18 °C (64 °F). Temperatures become critical with increasing altitude; in the wet tropics temperatures fall by about 0.5 °C (0.9 °F) for every 100 metres (328 feet) climbed. Vegetation change across altitudinal gradients tends to be gradual and variable and is interpreted variously by different authorities. For example, in Uganda tropical rainforest grows to an altitude of 1,100 to 1,300 metres and has been described as giving way, via a transition forest zone, to montane rainforest above 1,650 to 1,750 metres, which continues to 2,300 to 3,400 metres. In New Guinea, lowland tropical rainforest reaches 1,000 to 1,200 metres, above which montane rainforests extend, with altitudinal variation, to 3,900 metres. In Peru, lowland rainforest extends upward to 1,200 to 1,500 metres, with transitional forest giving way to montane rainforest above 1,800 to 2,000 metres, which continues to 3,400 to 4,000 metres. These limits are comparable and reflect the similarities of climate in all regions where tropical rainforests occur. Plant species, however, are often quite different among regions.

Although the climate supporting tropical rainforests is perpetually hot, temperatures never reach the high values regularly recorded in drier places to the north and south of the equatorial belt. This is partly due to high levels of cloud cover, which limit the mean number of sunshine hours per day to between four and six. In hilly areas where air masses rise and cool because of the topography, the hours of sunlight may be even fewer. Nevertheless, the heat may seem extreme owing to the high levels of atmospheric humidity, which usually exceed 50 percent by day and approach 100 percent at night. Exacerbating the discomfort is the fact that winds are usually light; mean wind speeds are generally less than 10 km (6.2 miles) per hour and less than 5 km per hour in many areas. Devastating tropical cyclones (hurricanes and typhoons) occur periodically in some coastal regions toward the margins of the equatorial belt, such as in the West Indies and in parts of the western Pacific region. Although relatively infrequent, such storms have an important effect on forest structure and regeneration.

The climate within any vegetation (microclimate) is moderated by the presence of plant parts that reduce incoming solar radiation and circulation of air. This is particularly true in tropical rainforests, which are structurally more dense and complex than other vegetation. Within the forest, temperature range and wind speed are reduced and humidity is increased relative to the climate above the tree canopy or in nearby clearings. The amount of rain reaching the ground is also reduced—by as much as 90 percent in some cases—as rainwater is absorbed by epiphytes (plants that grow on the surface of other plants but that derive nutrients and water from the air) and by tree bark or is caught by foliage and evaporates directly back to the atmosphere.

Tropical rainforests, which contain many different types of trees, seldom are dominated by a single species. A species can predominate, however, if particular soil conditions favour this occurrence or minimal disturbance occurs for several tree generations. Tropical deciduous forests are less diverse and often are dominated by only one or two tree species. The extensive deciduous forests of Myanmar, for example, cover wide areas and are dominated by only one or two tree species—teak (Tectona grandis) and the smaller leguminous tree Xylia xylocarpa. In Thailand and Indochina deciduous forests are dominated by members of the Dipterocarpaceae family, Dipterocarpus tuberculatus, Pentacme suavis, and Shorea obtusa.

Ferns, mosses, liverworts, lichens, and algae are also abundant and diverse, although not as well studied and cataloged as the higher plants. Many are epiphytic and are found attached to the stems and sometimes the leaves of larger plants, especially in the wettest and most humid places. Fungi and other saprophytic plants (vegetation growing on dead or decaying matter) are similarly diverse. Some perform a vital role in decomposing dead organic matter on the forest floor and thereby releasing mineral nutrients, which then become available to roots in the surface layers of the soil. Other fungi enter into symbiotic relationships with tree roots (mycorrhizae).

• 1 year later...