Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spahbod

Random Map Script:Migration

8 posts in this topic

For the ones not familiar with the concept: You start in separate islands near a big continent. You should expand to that continent for more resources.

It uses my random biome system which now has a seventh biome, "Tropic". All other maps with this system (Continent, Snowflake and Lake) are now updated.

Warning: Naval map, AI players don't build ships.

Migration.PNG

Link to Download

If possible too, each island should be equal distance from the main island, else it becomes unfair for the one that is farthest away.

If possible too, each island should be equal distance from the main island, else it becomes unfair for the one that is farthest away.

Not necessarily. The race to the big island here isn't as much about the naval journey as it is who can get their village to a point where they can voyage to the larger island and setup shop there.

Not necessarily. The race to the big island here isn't as much about the naval journey as it is who can get their village to a point where they can voyage to the larger island and setup shop there.

It is still a disadvantage, though I agree it is fairly small. A much bigger disadvantage is that the player in the middle will be surrounded if all players land an build in the natural spot. Any game with >2 teams is bound to be unbalanced in some way though so I don't think it is a big issue.

A minor thing, in the description, rady should be spelled ready.

Hmm, maybe it is possible ot make islands bigger the further away from the mainland? or maybe have some more resources to gather?