Did you contribute to 0 AD? Make sure you get in the credits!

gudo

• 3 weeks later...

@wowgetoffyourcellphone How do you want to be credited? Real name, nickname, both? If real name, it's Justus Avramenko, right?

@Enrique, if there is stuff from a new contributor committed you can ask them that and edit binaries/data/mods/public/gui/credits/text/art.json (or another file). That way the committed contribution is associated with the contributor through the commit diff :)

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

The translators' credit script will pick up the "Last-Translator:" field in the .po file headers as generated by the Transifex interface.

So, after changing your account information on Transifex, you'll have to wait until the next translation update is run on the code base, make sure that you're in one of the file headers, and then double-check that you don't get duplicate credit.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, elexis said:

Is it intended and are translators informed prior that their email addresses are published forever in the *.po files in svn/git repositories?

I asked @Itms and apparently it's up to Transifex to notify them and their name will be removed from the credit if they delete their account there.

• 1 year later...

Hello! This is Miguel Magdaleno Santamaría (mmagdalenosa). I recently contributed to the game as a Spanish (es) and Portuguese (Brazil) translator, and I was wondering if my name could be added to the credits. Thank you so much, and keep it up!

Edited by Miguel Magdaleno Santamaría
correction
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Miguel Magdaleno Santamaría said:

Hello! This is Miguel Magdaleno Santamaría (mmagdalenosa). I recently contributed to the game as a Spanish (es) and Portuguese (Brazil) translator, and I was wondering if my name could be added to the credits. Thank you so much, and keep it up!

In theory your name will be automatically added to the translators credits. When did you contribute ?

It's not there yet but it will be automatically added. 

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/credits/texts/translators.json

On 5/15/2020 at 1:59 AM, Stan` said:

In theory your name will be automatically added to the translators credits. When did you contribute ?

It's not there yet but it will be automatically added. 

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/credits/texts/translators.json

Hi Stan,

Great! Thank you for letting me know (I just started contributing in the beginning of May). Thanks for the link too. 

Cheers!

Miguel

Edited by Miguel Magdaleno Santamaría

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/11/2018 at 11:05 AM, GunChleoc said:

Having the e-mail address in is actually part of the Gettext PO file concept from back in the day where people were collaborating by e-mail only. Yes, that's how old the format is!

@Stan`

If I ever should be mentioned (currently, there is no reason), I would like that my email address is not shown. Is there anything that contributors could do about it upfront?