What are Alpha 9 goals?

nu111

some bugs for example the Elephants Fauna destroys buildings kills many military units XD, Fauna animations. more compatibilty with WIN 64X Multicore and Chipset video cards.

more little GUI, replants farms, little things for now.

+1 for more little GUI or, at least, the GUI should be split in two parts and occupy the angles of the screen.

+1 also for replants farms

great, the ai gets rather slow when you're playing on a 4 player ffa.

I really miss the techno and aging systems at this point but I'm assuming those will be a lot of work.

Is there somewhere documentation on how to create your own random maps? (I hate javascript and would prefer it done in another language, is this possible/smart?)

great, the ai gets rather slow when you're playing on a 4 player ffa.

I really miss the techno and aging systems at this point but I'm assuming those will be a lot of work.

Is there somewhere documentation on how to create your own random maps? (I hate javascript and would prefer it done in another language, is this possible/smart?)

Other languages aren't an option, unless you find one that compiles to javascript e.g. haXe.

There is some documentation http://trac.wildfire...i/Rmgen_Library and you can look in the public/maps/random/rmgen folder to see the javascript functions which you use in the random map scripts. Reading existing scripts is probably the best place to start though.

Are we getting random seeds for random numbers in AI?

Nope, qBot tries to generate a bit of entropy based on the players actions. Proper random seeds should be implemented, they need network syncing though which makes them a little more tricky to implement for people who don't know the code so well.

Edit: Just realized what topic this was in, I don't know if we will get them for Alpha 9.

thanks... i live in a town, Fondi, that had the roman citizenship since 338 BC, and i see these type of walls everywere :D

i don't know how textures are made, but, if needed, i can shoot some photos

Grabbing some texture photos for us would be awesome! CGTextures has a good guide for that: http://www.cgtextures.com/content.php?action=tutorial&name=shootingtextures

I only put them there until I make unique horse textures for those dudes.

Ah, ok. Looks very out of place ...

I think that the pectorale should be more prominent among Roman soldiers. Right now, only the Basic Hastatus gets it. I vote for Plain Pecto - Basic Hastatus, Ornate Pecto - Advanced Hastatus/Princeps, Lorica Hamata - Elite Princeps. Also, the Basic Triarius could get a pectorale.

What happend to the "two tier" Roman infantry approach, btw?

Edited by SMST