Had an Atlas crash

Mythos_Ruler

Unfortunately we don't have symbols for AtlasUI.dll in SVN.

@Philip - would you please add them?

Hmm, not sure whether I can. The autobuilder doesn't save that .pdb file anywhere, and I think that recompiling it would probably produce a version that's incompatible with the crash dump (since it won't have the same timestamp etc) (though I could be wrong about that - haven't tested it).

I don't remember why I set the autobuilder to not upload AtlasUI.pdb - maybe because it was large (though with wx 2.9 on VS2010 it's only ~20MB and I assume the wx2.8/VS2008 autobuilder won't be much different), or maybe I thought it wouldn't be useful unless the wxWidgets symbols were included too (the full libraries/wxwidgets/ is 450MB so it would still be painful to add it to SVN), or something like that. I could change the autobuilder now, but I don't remember wanting the .pdb in any case other than this one, and it's too late for this one.

Anyway, I tried debugging it without the symbols just by setting a breakpoint in the offending function and seeing what input triggered it, and it was the tool selection buttons. Then I found I could randomly reproduce the crash by clicking repeatedly through the terrain tool buttons, then tried that in Valgrind, which found the problem, so I fixed it.

Cool, glad you fixed it (y)

I am a big believer in symbol information in general.

It is apparently possible to force a PDB to match:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/744870/how-can-you-change-an-age-mismatched-pdb-to-match-properly

That looks too crazy even for my taste, though, so it'd

be nicer to always commit PDBs of any code of ours that

might possibly crash :)

I don't think the AtlasUI symbols depend on wxW -

did you have any particular problem in mind?