Geek's Strategy

So I've gotten the hang of the game now that is been 4-5 months. And I think that strategy I've been using is somewhat good that I would share it with you guys.

• Build your houses away from the enemy or borders. Some maps, like the oasis, build near the edge so its secluded from your main village. The enemy usually don't venture far enough, so you don't risk loosing your houses.
  • Start with some walls! Stone and archers are key. I usually train 20 archers at a time (when I get the resources) and then make them build a fort near the border and occupy it. Any invading party coming through gets shot down :D
  • You don't need a standing army to win. Well not in the beginning. So manage resources carefully; sustainability first.
  • Make the citizen soldiers mine for stone/metal (they're better at that) and the females do the farming/chopping. Cavalry are good at hunting.
  • Once you have dried out mines, cleared forests, make a moderate invasion force (use super units from the forts)
  • And then invade!
  • Also, with the new bartering system: focus on mainly 2/3 resources, barter for the the least focused ones (go for whats near your civ center)
  • Remember, once you take down a civ, build a civ center in their previous area and gain territory to build more forts.

This strategy works best as long as you are able to withstand small early rushes by opponents. So once again, keep about 10 archers nearby and garrison them in the civ center during early attack.

And that thing about getting shot down :D

Screen%20shot%202011-12-30%20at%202.11.25%20PM.png

And feel free to check out the rest of the gallery!

Thanks for the post! I've try your strategy and it has worked out real good for me, although admittedly I still struggled to win because I'm a noob player. :unsure:

A quick tip, especially against the bots, is to know when to use garrisoning. Not only will you get the female citizens out of harms way, but your military units will add to the arrows shot by towers etc. Also, units are healed when garrisoned, so that's another benefit :)

A quick tip, especially against the bots, is to know when to use garrisoning. Not only will you get the female citizens out of harms way, but your military units will add to the arrows shot by towers etc. Also, units are healed when garrisoned, so that's another benefit :)

Thanks for the tip, I will try it out and see if I can outwit the bot. :)

• 3 months later...