ERROR: FCollada build failed

Louis_marie_c

g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function  -fPIC  -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.o
FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.cpp
g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.o
make: *** No rule to make target `output/debug/FColladaPlugins/FArchiveXML/FArchiveXML.o', needed by `output/libFColladaSD.a'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.cpp
g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.o

I tried to compile 0AD on my Mac 3 times but everytime i've this error and i don't know how i can fix that. Anyone can help me ? Thanks

I put all the line in the attachment file to help you

(Excuse me for the bad english i'm french :))

FColladaBuildFailed.txt

Edited by Louis_marie_c

Have you tried ./clean-workspaces.sh?

Thanks for the reply i tried and i've this

/clean-workspaces.sh 
Cleaning bundled third-party dependencies...
/Users/me/0ad/build/workspaces/clean-workspaces.sh: line 13: cd: ../../libraries/spidermonkey: No such file or directory
/Users/me/0ad/build/workspaces/clean-workspaces.sh: line 14: cd: ../../libraries/spidermonkey: No such file or directory
/Users/me/0ad/build/workspaces/clean-workspaces.sh: line 15: cd: ../../libraries/nvtt/src: No such file or directory
Cleaning Premake4
Cleaning build output...

Done. Try running update-workspaces.sh again now.

/Users/me/0ad/build/workspaces/clean-workspaces.sh: line 13: cd: ../../libraries/spidermonkey: No such file or directory

/Users/me/0ad/build/workspaces/clean-workspaces.sh: line 14: cd: ../../libraries/spidermonkey: No such file or directory

Are you sure the sources are complete? Did you get them from subversion?

Hmm I don't know exactly what the problem is and I'm still trying to find it out... but you could run clean-workspaces.sh again and then

update-workspaces.sh -j1

in the meantime and post the output.

This could probably also solve the problem.

I tried your solution but i've the same result

this is the last few lines

g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUUri.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUUri.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUUri.o
FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.cpp
g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlDocument.o
FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.cpp
g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlParser.o
FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.cpp
g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUXmlWriter.o
make: *** No rule to make target `output/debug/FColladaPlugins/FArchiveXML/FArchiveXML.o', needed by `output/libFColladaSD.a'. Stop.

Does "svn up" only return "Revision 10836." or does it still download anything?

And does the file 0ad/libraries/fcollada/src/FColladaPlugins/FArchiveXML/FArchiveXML.cpp exist?

Yes svn up return Revision 10836 only

Updating '.':
À la révision 10836.

yes the file exist but isn't in the right place ...it was in 0ad/libraries/fcollada/FColladaPlugins/FArchiveXML/FArchiveXML.cpp

Edited by Louis_marie_c

OK now the game was compiled but the app folder was empty wacko.gif

Here is the last few lines

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../../../binaries/system/test.app/Contents/MacOS/test] Error 1
make: *** [test] Error 2
ReplaceTerrain.cpp
SmoothElevation.cpp
TransformObject.cpp
Brushes.cpp
MiscState.cpp
ObjectSettings.cpp
Tools.cpp
Linking AtlasUI
ld: warning: ignoring file /System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

And the complete details are in the attached file

AppBundle.txt

ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: ignoring file /System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked

Apparently it can't find those libraries in 64 bit version. That's either because there aren't any or because it doesn't look at the right place.

Can you find a 64 bit version of those Frameworks on your system? Use the "file"-command to determine the architecture of libraries and objectfiles.

Unfortunately I don't know the mac very well and don't have a lion-system to make any tests.

I've modified a file on OpenAL Framework change ALCVoid by Void

And the first error has been corrected but now i've this

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../../../binaries/system/test.app/Contents/MacOS/test] Error 1
make: *** [test] Error 2
FillTerrain.cpp
FlattenElevation.cpp
PaintTerrain.cpp
PlaceObject.cpp
ReplaceTerrain.cpp
SmoothElevation.cpp
TransformObject.cpp
Brushes.cpp
MiscState.cpp
ObjectSettings.cpp
Tools.cpp
Linking AtlasUI
ld: warning: ignoring file /System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

And a new folder on 0ad/build/workspaces/ with all the xcodeproj files. I tried another compilation but like the last, the app is empty

Edited by Louis_marie_c

I put all the log in the file thanks for your help

Actually the same error is still present...

ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

Actually the same error is still present...

sorry I had not seen this error. I do not understand why I did, because looking at my version ofOpenAL I see this :

file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL (for architecture i386): Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

I can spot two differences in these paths...

The one in the logfile:

/Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL

The one you checked with "file":

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL

The double-slash seems strange. I've googled this path (/Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL) and found out that some other people have this error too with other software.

One example: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/23222

"/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL" seems to be the right path. I don't know if removing the other one is a good idea or not.

I can spot two differences in these paths...

The one in the logfile:

/Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL

The one you checked with "file":

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL

The double-slash seems strange. I've googled this path (/Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL) and found out that some other people have this error too with other software.

One example: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/23222

"/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL" seems to be the right path. I don't know if removing the other one is a good idea or not.

Ok thanks for your help i tried this things

Rename /Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL in /Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL.bak

And copy/past this one /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL

Ok thanks for your help i tried this things

Rename /Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL in /Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL.bak

And copy/past this one /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/OpenAL

... and did it solve the problem?