The wait is killing me.

tribalbeat

I love this game to death but it so often feels like a dead project! Please take a queue from things like "Overgrowth" and post weekly progress reports. Even if only extremely minor things have been done that week it would still be nice to hear about them. I realize that this is entirely being developed in free-time, but that is all the more reason why we need to see these announcements, it will help generate more interest. With more interest, you guys can get more volunteers, and with more volunteers, you guys can get more done.

All that said, what is expected delivery date for Alpha 8?

I love this game to death but it so often feels like a dead project! Please take a queue from things like "Overgrowth" and post weekly progress reports. Even if only extremely minor things have been done that week it would still be nice to hear about them. I realize that this is entirely being developed in free-time, but that is all the more reason why we need to see these announcements, it will help generate more interest. With more interest, you guys can get more volunteers, and with more volunteers, you guys can get more done.

We had a news post on Moddb just 4 days ago. :)

If you want to follow the development see here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/timeline

Hi tribalbeat,

My name is Aviv and I contribute in 0 A.D.'s PR.

Thanks for asking for more updates. It shows you really care, and we value our dedicated fans.

We are flattered by the comparison with Wolfire, they have a great game in the making as well. Note, however, that Wolfire sells access to its development alphas, while 0 A.D. offers it for free. This allows Wolfire to have two full time people just for PR. By comparison, the 0 A.D. development team is made up of volunteers, and only one staffer has received compensation for his contributions.

Would you like to contribute in the PR area? We need people to help take videos of 0 A.D. development snapshots, edit videos etc.

And we hope to release Alpha 8 by tomorrow.

<_< hey, they're all volunteers!!!

i follow the development of many open source games, and i think the Wildfire team is one of the best all around the world: they are always friendly and open to suggestions... and compared to other teams, they post progress reports very often.

As already suggested, check this page to follow development:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/timeline

I receive updates to this page directly in my email program (Thunderbird) using the RSS link:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/timeline?milestone=on&ticket=on&ticket_details=on&changeset=on&wiki=on&max=50&daysback=90&format=rss

i follow the development of many open source games, and i think the Wildfire team is one of the best all around the world: they are always friendly and open to suggestions... and compared to other teams, they post progress reports very often.

Indeed. I write on a blog for another FOSS game, and I'm hard pressed to write even just one or two development updates each month. But I guess that tells more about me than about the Wildfire community. :blush: