graphic units conversion from Civilization 4/5: it's possible?

ribez

Someone knows if it's possible to convert Civilization 4/5 units to 0 A.D. units?

There's an infinity of units created by the Civ community, and maybe their conversion could help the creation of some mod for 0 A.D.: http://forums.civfan...splay.php?f=398

I know nothing of 3d modeling, so i'm just asking. Maybe some doc/tutorial i've found on the main Civ community forum could help :)

Making units that use Civ 5 animations

TUTORIAL: How to Add New Units in Mods

[TUTORIAL] Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5

Initial look at Nexus, 3D Art and reskinning

[TUTORIAL] How To: Import Civ5 Meshes to Blender to Create Civ5 Units

Edited by ribez

Their model files are .nif files. These files are nightmare.:S 3dmax and blender crashes are usual when working with these files. They have a very odd nod/skeleton system that makes them extremely hard to edit. The last thing we should do is to export them for use in 0 A.D.

Also, most of the work in civfanatics is based on Civ3/4/5 models themselves which can cause legal problems to the game.

Again I say, We'd best to keep away from them.(n)

Their model files are .nif files. These files are nightmare.:S 3dmax and blender crashes are usual when working with these files. They have a very odd nod/skeleton system that makes them extremely hard to edit. The last thing we should do is to export them for use in 0 A.D.

Also, most of the work in civfanatics is based on Civ3/4/5 models themselves which can cause legal problems to the game.

Again I say, We'd best to keep away from them.(n)

thanks for the reply B)

well, there's nothing to do, then... it's a shame :shrug: