0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

@stanislas69 Thank you for your help! I am not using windows, but I remember where to find it as I had been testing to put 0 A.D. on the second monitor. I had to use system settings, because it wasn't working with "display=1" in local.cfg, but I now have it working with "display = "1"" in user.cfg

I just tried "gui.scale = "1.5 ""  the unit selection rectangle does not appear, and the bounding boxes for button text are visible. There are also some other odd lines in odd places. I'm using Arch + Gnome. I should put this information in the bugs forum.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone I will definitely do that!

Edited by psypherium
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, superflytom said:

https://youtu.be/jpN-w3qc-l4

Hi. This one is my video, but I'm interested on whether the picture in picture on the opening is worth continuing? Any feedback on the video comments, here or on Reddit gratefully received!

The p-i-p was interesting. I liked it. Maybe as an actual engine option?

• Like 1

@wowgetoffyourcellphone It was the very next thing I uploaded, but I had to transcode it before uploading because it breached the 120gig limit for youtube uploads (apparently there is a limit.) Anyway, YouTube takes much longer to process compressed video than uncompressed, so although it was uploaded two days earlier than the other video, it was available on youtube after three days, which meant it was made public on the 19th with an "upload date" of the 16th. In america it was the 18th so youtube shows that as the publish date. It's very confusing. YouTube becomes as confused as I do and it doesn't index it for an extra day or two, or something. lol here it is anyway: 

You need to record with l444 color format (also a bt.709 ("yuv709") color space profile) or 0 A.D. records with reddish-yellow washed color. In the YouTube "stats for nerds" there will be a "color" section if your video has received the vp9 transcode, this should show bt.709. (This might be irrelevant, youtube might transcode to bt.709 by default, regardless of what format you uploaded in.) In any case, one or both of those color settings will greatly increase the color quality of local recordings. If you are using OBS for streaming and recording, you might want to use a seperate profile for streaming, one with scaling applied and a lower color space to save CPU cycles. If you need any more help, pm me here.    (Edited)

Edited by psypherium
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, psypherium said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone It was the very next thing I uploaded, but I had to transcode it before uploading because it breached the 120gig limit for youtube uploads (apparently there is a limit.) Anyway, YouTube takes much longer to process compressed video than uncompressed, so although it was uploaded two days earlier than the other video, it was available on youtube after three days, which meant it was made public on the 19th with an "upload date" of the 16th. In america it was the 18th so youtube shows that as the publish date. It's very confusing. YouTube becomes as confused as I do and it doesn't index it for an extra day or two, or something. lol here it is anyway: 

You need to record with l444 color format (also a bt.709 ("yuv709") color space profile) or 0 A.D. records with reddish-yellow washed color. In the YouTube "stats for nerds" there will be a "color" section if your video has received the vp9 transcode, this should show bt.709. (This might be irrelevant, youtube might transcode to bt.709 by default, regardless of what format you uploaded in.) In any case, one or both of those color settings will greatly increase the color quality of local recordings. If you are using OBS for streaming and recording, you might want to use a seperate profile for streaming, one with scaling applied and a lower color space to save CPU cycles. If you need any more help, pm me here.    (Edited)

Interesting could you upload the profile ? 'ight be of use for people wanting to stream :)

18 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Interesting could you upload the profile ? 'ight be of use for people wanting to stream :)

OBS profiles

HQ_Recording.zip - rec.709 - no scaling - use simple settings, advanced settings are in place but are not optimised. (better ffmpeg/obs compatibility required upstream)

Streaming.zip - rec.601 - scaled to 720p. (If you are streaming to youtube you can remove the scaling and stream in 1080p, youtube will accept whatever amount of bandwidth you can provide, so send it as much as you can. Twitch has a 6000 kbps limit afaik, and no 1080p unless you are partnered.)

@superflytom you should edit your post and replace the shortened link with a full link, that way the forum can auto-embed the video.

Edited by psypherium

On 7/23/2018 at 10:03 AM, psypherium said:

Here is a new 0 A.D. multiplayer analysis video by @superflytom

Thanks for the shout out @psypherium! There will be a series of short tips videos coming shortly - I'm just preparing the examples and creating the graphics now.

Thanks again, and thanks all for watching/subscribing - it makes it all worthwhile!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, psypherium said:

4 hours ago, psypherium said:

Another new video from Ágora 0AD https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPEieyPXxuMxQVI5cfIcnfg

Hi Alistair!

Thanks for sharing the videos man! I appreciate it!

Hope you guys are enjoying :) There will be commentary later in the championship, but for now I won't do it because there will be at least 70 matches in total so... that would be a lot of sound editing (and my mic sucks and I live in a VERY noisy street)

• Like 3

• Silier featured this topic