Mythos_Ruler

0 A.D. on YouTube

1,243 posts in this topic

Deciding to update, she found a way to get Alpha 21.

If you're one of those who disliked his videos, I know his criticisms are somewhat arbitrary (and are already being addressed in the forums). But since he likes the game and is just going for it one by one, just give him a chance and see if he can get into the meat of the problems.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree with him about the structree, specifically about the names that are shown. I think the specific names and generic names should be reversed. About the "layout" of structree, ehhh.... it doesn't look like the AoE tech tree because in 0 A.D. buildings don't unlock other buildings, like AOE does. In 0 a.d., building are unlocked by phases, so are grouped by phase.

Also, too, the 'History'  section and layout is dire. Should be wholly replaced. I remember seeing its layout way back in very old alpha videos. Time for an update.

I did laugh out loud about how fast the game loaded and he couldn't read the tips. lmao. I think in single player there should be a 'Proceed' button show up once the map loads to 100%, so that the player can complete reading the tip if they wish.

Also:

TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD? TSD?

Had me rolling.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
3 people like this

There is a old wip patch somewhere to show only the generic name as an option.

2 people like this

I think there is also a patch for the proceed button. Maybe it's in the next top button patch.

Hey @Lion.Kanzen, I think it might help to mention that you're a native of the language since he still disagrees with how JorgeGijon should be pronounced.

Our J sound like H Jor

g  with i and e sounds similar to our G -ge

Jorge Gijón  

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Rolling on TSD :mellow:

Edited by Servo

It's not the first time @OmriLahav's Honor Bound got used in videos, but BazBattles is one of my favorite channels.

3 people like this

Her playstyle's still unrefined, but has significantly matured. Historic RTS players have such an advantage with the learning curve.

1 person likes this

See that farm in the preview/thumbnail? Don't worry. I already told him.

1 person likes this