0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

Have a look at this video:

Spoiler

Points to consider: The channel owner says: "-you can expect the usual RTS elements like choosing a civilization, gathering resources, building a base, training an army and defeating your opponent.

"But with the current state of the Age of Empires  revival and the messy Definitive Edition 0.A.D is something you might want to check" 

In my point of view this is wrong in so many ways that 0.A.D is looked like this:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para gemelo de bart

We have very little features to offer compared to AoE 1-2 franchise, wich is pretty much bad in publicity, and its what every new youtuber says and when he says "-you can expect the usual RTS elements like choosing a civilization, gathering resources, building a base, training an army and defeating your opponent." as public i would easily think: Another casual repetitive RTS just like AoE?.

Playing Dawn of War again with the ultimate apocalypse mod, opened my eyes to a  new way of implementing running; They use abilities, they have a "run" skill in every infantry for a movement speed in a short period with some decent cooldown lowering accuracy.

We could implement running as an skill to every infantry so running doesn't go break, and this wouldn't be exploited since it has a cooldown and a negative effect on stats beside movement speed.

Charging: Also another skill in tanks and heavy machines; This skill kicks everything on his way while increasing a lil bit the speed.

Cult (Chaos faction): Playing as chaos let you choose at the start of the game wich god will you pray "slanesh, Khorne.." this unlocks some units while blocking others in the rest of the game, this let you adapt wich enemy you want to fight (still pretty much suck that faction against long ranged races like Tau or Dark Eldars), This is only included in the UA mod, in the core game infantry and tanks are restricted per races with small choises like techs or buildings (you build this barrack you can build heavy armored tanks but can't build the other barrack with fearsome tamed beast's)

Merging civilizations into Trees: there was a topic about using trees to change the way civilizations are implemented and is similar to the god selection of chaos faction in Dawn of War Ultimate Apocalypse mod. @wraitii would know more but from my point of view:

Pros:

1. Adding small factions would be more easy.
  2. Having huge roster in a single civilization.
  3. Greek could be spread into: Athens, Spartans, Etruscans, Illyrians, Cretans, and every culture you may know better than me, and later advance to a higher version of that culture in phase 3 or phase 4 like Macedonians and later Seleucids.
  4. Celts can be either Britons or Gauls or Germanic factions.
  5. Romans could start as republican romans and then turn into later romans.
  6. Thracians could turn into dacians, suevians into goths etc you get the point.
  7. We can cover from year 1000 B.C to 250 After C if we desire easily if we get someday bronze age civilizations roster and buildings like the work @Basshunter is doing.

Cons: 

1. We no longer will be a simple RTS but instead a complex one wich require some work.
  2. I'll let you decide i cant argue with my own logic.

Seriously we need to get rid of this:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para gemelo de bartResultado de imagen para gemelo de bart

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Pros:

1. Adding small factions would be more easy.
  2. Having huge roster in a single civilization.
  3. Greek could be spread into: Athens, Spartans, Etruscans, Illyrians, Cretans, and every culture you may know better than me, and later advance to a higher version of that culture in phase 3 or phase 4 like Macedonians and later Seleucids.
  4. Celts can be either Britons or Gauls or Germanic factions.
  5. Romans could start as republican romans and then turn into later romans.
  6. Thracians could turn into dacians, suevians into goths etc you get the point.
  7. We can cover from year 1000 B.C to 250 After C if we desire easily if we get someday bronze age civilizations roster and buildings like the work @Basshunter is doing.

Cons: 

1. We no longer will be a simple RTS but instead a complex one wich require some work.
  2. I'll let you decide i cant argue with my own logic.

Seriously we need to get rid of this:

Not that way, for example later Romans evencant compite with Imperial Romans. 4th Century romans were military more weak. And their emperor and society a decadency of a glorious past

7-nope thats becoming clone to AoE I..

2-I agree we discuss this recently.

1- like a mobile game.... No.

Resultado de imagen para castle siege civs

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

like a mobile game.... No.

By small faction i meant,  etruscans, illyrians etc. Imagine having to do their building and as result end using the same athen structures or having barely references like xiongnu. ie macedonians. They use the same buildings even though they dont share the same roaster.

45 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

By small faction i meant,  etruscans, illyrians etc. Imagine having to do their building and as result end using the same athen structures or having barely references like xiongnu. ie macedonians. They use the same buildings even though they dont share the same roaster.

Mini factions ....

On 9/24/2019 at 9:42 PM, Alexandermb said:

"-you can expect the usual RTS elements" 
Playing Dawn of War again with the ultimate apocalypse mod, opened my eyes to a  new way of implementing running; They use abilities, they have a "run" skill in every infantry for a movement speed in a short period with some decent cooldown lowering accuracy.

We could implement running as an skill to every infantry so running doesn't go break, and this wouldn't be exploited since it has a cooldown and a negative effect on stats beside movement speed.

Running would defiantly give the game a twist. I seem to remember Rome total war having an ambush feature, I don't know if this is possible with the way the game has been made but just a thought whilst playing after reading post.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, Alexandermb said:

In my point of view this (positive review) is wrong in so many ways ....

You're not alone with that evaluation. Majority of the comments in the video pointed out that "It's just a bunch of bad AoE copies.". This means that they wouldn't bother checking 0 A.D. out since it's lumped together with those games.

25 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

To think I used one for the thumbnail of my next video. Fortunately I tend to use SVN images for the thumbnails.

Yes please :LOL:, SVN 24 artwork is like jumping to a next generation due the amount of outdated stuff we didn't had time to fix in A23. 

I really hope the artwork done by all of us, plus if there are any new feature (couldn't say honestly i haven't played a proper game in months because i've only do blending) being more visually atractive calls the attention of more modders, youtubers, players, the community in general.

Something like: "oh whats that thumbnail ?A  Frea**** Corinthian helmet? Wow lets take a look! Wow look that Trees, that decals that cliffs, Look that brand new horses and celtic shields!" "look the new ptolemaics textures!" "Oh men look that nitpick goat in that illyrian helmet!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sphyrth said:

Speaking of which - Nice job on the Ptolemies. They now look more consistent with 0 A.D. than with AoM. But the idle animations just astounded me.
0 A.D.'s assets are its gateway drug that I can't seem to get enough of.

Having more zoom would had helped him to notice the big difference on the helmets specially corinthians.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Silier featured this topic