0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty decent video to understand first impressions:

A random selection of comments:

• That's why I stopped playing, as much as I like the game you have no time to establish a colony before the A.I. slaughters you.
  • Oh but once you get good and play online with friends in PvP or PvAI it gets awesome! I love dominating the seas with OP ships harassing the enemies then dropping a swift land attack from another side while simultaneously stealing their resources. Muahahahah :D
  • But yeah by default this game throws you in at the deep end. I kind of like that. It's not a game that holds your hand as you play. It's a game that takes your hand then violently mauls it for every little failure until you learn.
  • if it was super easy people would just play AOE2 :P
  • The latest version has a tutorial built in. You can also set each AI to sandbox mode and just play around with it. The music is simply awesome and free for download, btw.
  • it's the best game ever that one!! (in the opensource and non openra world)
  • What is the minimum spec for this game????
  • You could probably run it with a potato connected to a raspberry pi.
  • Awesome game...!
  • hahahahhahaha how do you expect to win with a hand full of solider!! you must expand as quickly as possible. increase your workforce, increase your army, increase your resource and area of dominance. Conquer all other nations. this the game I play everyday, when i get a chance
  • Not for the faint of heart
  • Yeah when you play this prepare to get the crap kicked out of you. You'll be starting out, especially bad if you're getting your bearings, then you'll just have the wrath of God drop out of nowhere and unleash unholy blitzkrieg on you..  [Hahahahahaha...! I died when I read that one...]
  • Dude you need to use trump tactics! Build a big fat wall and towers along it! :D PS: I suggest you to install the game from the official ppa. The game build version you were playing is from 2016 lol https://play0ad.com/download/linux/
  • I get swamped by the enemy too. Neat game though.
  • Age of Empires? Is that you?
  • Mate, this game kicks ya butt nearly all the time but the visuals a good and teaming up helps..is fun me thinks..
  • The AI can be a little brutal, though they've improved the balance in newer versions. Once you know what to build and how to manage resources, you'll find it much easier to prepare yourself for that zerging mofo.
  • 0 ad really disappointed me years ago

I think most of these "concerns" will be addressed with the introduction of different behaviours for the AI and improved tutorial in the new alpha... The AI is fine (could even be tougher), first-timers just need to be able to ease in to it a little.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Silier featured this topic