0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2017 at 9:44 PM, 9025201729 said:

It would be nice if some good players do commentaries of games and put them on YouTube.. as far as I looked there were mostly new players who do not really know the game who made videos. 

Alekusu, Anavultus, ChaffCommander for an excellent start with OP players/commenters.

Heyyy, the excellent 0 A.D. merchant warrior and commenter is back :D This time plays Mauryans in a 3x2v2 with a nice cav OP strat'

ValihrAnt eventually shared another, FFA x4 that begins nicely. One of merchant's neighbours just can't stand having let his worker die tries to get revenge :) 

Edited by tuk0z
+ commenter's nickname
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ValihrAnt's latest 2v2 match on Uknown land. Mauryan & Iberians vs Gauls and Seleucid.

I LOVE THIS TEAM BONUS! | 0 A.D. 2V2

Spoiler

The 0 A.D. fearful merchant warrior playing Mauryan makes a never stopping massacre in his opponents' realms. Though the Gaul has some guts... 

Edited by tuk0z
I find vid.me as cool as YT actually

12 hours ago, sphyrth said:

Trololol at your sarcastic comment @Lion.Kanzen

The GUI? like try to  Re-invent the wheel. the composition  is very...awkward. art and inventions always try to copy the real life. I left the guy a guides and a good source from Ensemble Studios and how they always finding a balanced interface. but he doesn't listen.

its  bad use of empty space.  you never will see this kind of experiment.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

its  bad use of empty space.  you never will see this kind of experiment.

I already did see that kind of experiment...(the video :-P).

I almost hated you for taking a serious turn... then I remembered that you're a graphics designer and you're in this forum.

1 hour ago, sphyrth said:

Majority of comments are praising it. No sarcasm.

I can share a phrase in Spanish because never I seen in English, "parece mentira pero es cierto" (looks like a lie, but is truth) we the guys are habitual in the forum don't see how incredible is for others our project. because many admirably things. like we don't make money. isn't "free to play" or "early access" is open source and isn't cheap work.

Lighting makes or breaks 0 A.D. I think the lighting settings could use a lot of tweaking to get the full effect, and of course the new shadow map for the next alpha is a vast improvement and should make the game look a lot better. I just often wonder why the game looks ugly on some videos and good on others. I think it's the maps they choose to play. Some really make use of the game's assets and lighting in a good way and some don't. Just some random musings. This guy does a pretty good video discussing the game. There's even a poll.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I just often wonder why the game looks ugly on some videos and good on others.

I had my cousin play it on his laptop and it looked pretty bad compared to how it run on mine, and we had the same graphic settings which was kind of weird. I play it on a macbook and it looks gorgeous. Maybe for some reason macbooks run the game more smoothly, which is weird cause they have a reputation for being horrible for gaming. I've wondered about this for a long time..  

25 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

I had my cousin play it on his laptop and it looked pretty bad compared to how it run on mine, and we had the same graphic settings which was kind of weird. I play it on a macbook and it looks gorgeous. Maybe for some reason macbooks run the game more smoothly, which is weird cause they have a reputation for being horrible for gaming. I've wondered about this for a long time..  

there are many factors , probably is on purpose you know the PC gamer industry can be better but some game are optimized very well, even some are made too make better in console than a pc. But that's the horrible side of actual industry. 

hello there as you can see i am new here and to the game that i am installing right now but i just wanted to say than you to all those ppl making videos of this game, i found out about this game months ago but i remembered it when i saw an 0ad video pop up on my youtube page as recommended, great work on the latest update it looks great and i hope i see you all in the game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Silier featured this topic