0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

Nice video indeed! I love the chinese style, also the music fits perfectly!

You could also define the units path with shift+click and use the key 'F' to follow the units, while still being able to rotate the camera with WASD keys and zoom in/out, rather than manually follow them with the camera, to get a smoother video.

Lovely video (if a bit stuttery), Very ROTMK-esque. (rise of the middle kingdom)

Nice video indeed! I love the chinese style, also the music fits perfectly!

You could also define the units path with shift+click and use the key 'F' to follow the units, while still being able to rotate the camera with WASD keys and zoom in/out, rather than manually follow them with the camera, to get a smoother video.

Thanks ;)

Oh yeah I totally forgot that feature. Need to figure out why it's so laggy though, Probably gonna have to install SVN on my desktop, and make a video on 3840x1024

• 4 weeks later...

He's got cheats on methinks, which probably has an autobuild.

Army camp is less of a build in 5 seconds structure and more of an arrowless fortress :)

or a barracks you can build EVERYWHERE.

Which is honestly USELESS. As by the time you can use it every scratch of territory is yours - or the enemies.

BUUUT let us not digress - derailing threads is bad.

Moar vidjus!

Hello everyone. FrancoFocaccia recorded a series of 1v1 games, I (borg_) vs Mario.

You will be able to learn various tricks and tactics.

At the moment, only one video is available. Many vídeos will come in the next days.

We would also like the presence of new players for future new videos.

Register pls :D

Hugs to all!

Edited by borg_
  • Like 1

There are several tactics in alpha 16, but most are drowned out by skimircavs.

Pto archer spam.

Pto fast 3rd phase

Roman swordman rush.

Brit and gauls Spearman rush.

Brit and Athenians slinguers spam / rush.

And several others.

looking forward to the alpha 17, looks much better.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recorded a tutorial commentary on early game economy, which might be useful to new players or those struggling with it. It also doubles as a chance for you to mock my terrible English and newbie self-recorder's anxiety:p. Feedback is very welcome:)

It's on current SVN, which should be exactly the same with the upcoming Alpha 17 release.

• Like 4

One more, 0 A.D. Multiplayer: Prodigal Son vs LordigorIIIofKiev

I didn't plan to upload this, as the game start included some unwanted external voices and it generally didn't turn out that good, but since Lord will upload his, here's my perspective, with a little bit of it cut off. I'll eventually include a link to his video. The commentary is rather lacking, doing it live during a multiplayer game proved rather hard for me, but... trying will help me get used to it.

This video serves to remind me (or anyone else on the same boat) one thing: Never underestimate your opponent. I saw his low rating and win percentage and was playing rather lazily, while random choice gave me Britons which I'm not familiar with. He chose the Persians. Map is Random-Mainland and game version is A17 (SVN). View to see the outcome.

• Like 3

One more, 0 A.D. Multiplayer Commentary: yray & Varrus vs Philosopher & Parkour3k

Observing and commenting a game between 4 players I had never played with before. Includes some tips on mistakes that might be useful to some of the participants and new players in general. It's on alpha 17, game map is Watering Holes. Commentary starts at 0:55.

Edited by Prodigal Son
  • Like 2

Two more games:

0 A.D. Multiplayer: Prodigalson vs SwampGremlin

This match starts with some peaceful booming until around 19:45, then the offensive kicks in, resulting in some pretty intense combat around three fronts, with both players focusing on cavalry. SwampGremlin is playing as the Gauls and I'm playing as the Seleucids. There's a little bit of an effort on commentary during the first few minutes before I get absorbed by managing the game.

0 A.D. Multiplayer: Prodigalson & LordigorIIIOfKiev vs theMario & erejum31

A 2v2 with an unexpected twist, having the player considered weaker during team set-up decide the outcome. Myself as the Mauryans, Lordigor as the Iberians, theMario as the Macedonians and erejum31 as the Athenians.

Edited by Prodigal Son
  • Like 2

A couple more:

0 A.D. Multiplayer: Prodigalson vs Hanniball

Massive Mauryan archer rush vs Hanniball's Carthaginians, Alpha 17.

0 A.D. Multiplayer: Prodigalson vs phalanx

A rather fast game in which I planned for my usual booming (economy development) before going in for combat, the rush attack I faced though acted like a call for counterattack. Phalanx as Carthage and myself as Seleucids, Unknown Land, Alpha 17.

• Like 1

Good tutorial the Mauryan rush, you must try mix with sword cavalry rush and destroy CC easily.

Thanks:). Destroying the CC early on isn't that easy, while spamming archers as the Mauryans and Persians (with their train time techs) makes for a good economy and a numerical advantage. Once the opponent loses the battlefield, their Civic Center won't stand for long anyway.

Thanks:). Destroying the CC early on isn't that easy, while spamming archers as the Mauryans and Persians (with their train time techs) makes for a good economy and a numerical advantage. Once the opponent loses the battlefield, their Civic Center won't stand for long anyway.

I test your videos, you have the first guide to new player can be nice show other styles, turtle, boom, Spusher( Second Phase Rush), how create apertures, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played a few games recently and out of those that I recorded, this is the best one:

You're best watching this one on Google Chrome since that's where you can see the extra FPS. Otherwise, not a lot to say. In this game the idea was really to try to get the smoothest possible build and macro. I'm still unsure of what the best strategies / builds should be though.

• Silier featured this topic