0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

I agree that bolt shooters are currently underpowered. We'll take a look at them in the coming months.

Great video nonetheless!

Well sure they might be underpowered but if you use the properly they are overpowered

narrow passage

10 spearmen at front and 10 bolt shooters at back

they do linear splash damage

so like that you can beat armies of thousands of men

I made another about Siege weapons:

One thing to note: Bolt shooters are extremely underpowered. Most range units can range or outrange it. They should at least have more range than other units.

i don't think spearmen are bonused against elephants its skirmishers and some swordsmen i think

• Like 1

Wow... there's a lot of stuff I want to look over here.

I'll be seeing you people on ladder!

here's my take:

i have much to learn

E:yeah I have a few FPVODs of some ggs i played on ladder, i'll be uploading them.

Edited by iNcog

I don't like doing that for villagers since I want to get them out asap. I think villagers trained one at a time is better than in batches of 5, even if the train time is slightly reduced, you get more resources since you have 1, 2, 3 and then 4 villagers gathering during the time it would take for 5 villagers to be created. For military units, you're probably right, however I have yet to be comfortable with macro in this game.

I've already found view time. :D Very useful.

I understand what you mean about hunting with the starting cav unit, it does indeed get you a lot of resources fast. However, it also means you can't scout your opponent. I've had my opponent make 4 skirmcav right off the bat and attack me with that. I couldn't do anything since I was opening with a full-eco build (the starting cav was hunting indeed). So if I had scouted I could have maybe adapted, but not scouting with the starting skirm cav is, imo, a risk, since you don't know what your opponent is up to.

I don't know yet anyway, I'll be playing online more to see what's best. ^^

Edited by iNcog

If you're referring to the commentary of games in general than being tasteless is actually the best possible thing.

e.g. being nick plott tasteless. that kind of tasteless.

Here's one of the longer games I've had. I had fun booming with a civ instead of doing my usual try-to-kill my opponent at all costs. Then again the reason I boomed was that I didn't feel I had the units strong enough to straight up kill him. Well, maxed Athenians is fun.

Edited by iNcog

Just set your monitor's base resolution lower and then play in fullscreen? Windowed doesn't work? You realize the game is in alpha right? That a lot of work still needs to be done? Why would you waste your time making a youtube video out of it, just to post here, lol.

In windowed mode (I have to use windowed mode to make VOD btw), there's a program called clip cursor which is very simple to use and your cursor won't leave the window, so you can scroll around and stuff.

Edited by iNcog

You do such an effort to go here on the forums to post your complaint video. But editing a config file was too much? Or reading the manual and pressing ALT+ENTER?

I found an issue with the game, and made a humorous video about it.

Saying to play in windowed mode doesn't solve the problem, it avoids it.

You realize the game is in alpha right? That a lot of work still needs to be done?

The game has been out since at least 2011, they've had more than 2 years to add a resolution option, which is a feature in almost all PC games.

I personally think that it is a basic game feature that should have been in the game already.

Why do they have toggles for water reflections, and nothing to set my resolution?

Why would you waste your time making a youtube video out of it, just to post here, lol.

I preferred to have a little fun and make a humorous video about it.

Edited by MasterEric

The game has been out since at least 2011, they've had more than 2 years to add a resolution option, which is a feature in almost all PC games.

I personally think that it is a basic game feature that should have been in the game already.

Why do they have toggles for water reflections, and nothing to set my resolution?

Because the options menu is only a few months old, and most of the options in there make the game crash when you change it in a running game. When you want to change something, you still have more chance if you look into the config files.

I'm more amazed on the amount of work that's been done on this game and how good the quality of the work is. The graphics are gorgeous, the game is fun and well designed. There are some teething issues. However what's really amazing is that a bunch of people simply got together and started working together on this project. I'm absolutely astounded that they've made something this good on their own. It's seeing stuff like this that makes you wonder what actual game devs are up to.

Either way, don't expect to come to these forums with your first post being one that shits on the game and except to get pleasant replies. No one forced you to download a free and open-source game and no one is forcing you to play it. Especially for such a non-issue that can be worked around by simply adjusting your monitor's resolution and then going in game. Yeah, it takes 30s to do. Which is way less time than what it probably took you to make the complaint video.

Let's just stop here and not muck up the thread. I highly encourage you to try out the game anyway and forgive its current shortcomings (which are being worked on anyway), it's been in development for a while but it's starting to really blossom.

Because the options menu is only a few months old, and most of the options in there make the game crash when you change it in a running game. When you want to change something, you still have more chance if you look into the config files.

Okay, that makes sense.

However, I edited the config and it still doesn't change the resolution; it still goes into the other screen.

I'm going to make a different thread for this so we're not talking about configs/resolution in the Youtube thread.

EDIT: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18765

Edited by MasterEric

• Silier featured this topic