0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

For some reason, the video on Mythos's new video seems stop at about 23 min after the fortress's foundation has been placed but before the units reach it to start construction and the AI responds, though the audio and playback continue.

Cannot confirm. Works for me. Did you try closing and relaunching your browser? Flash may have bugged on you.

Excellent video.

^"Mythos sounds like a boring cubicle worker lol, I thought he would sound awesomer than that"

LOL

In the past, I have also got feedback that I sounded boring. I think the trick is varying your tone - Once I starting doing that I noticed students were more engaged. At the very beginning of the video, you speak in a monotone. You want to think about what makes you excited about 0 A.D.

A lot of people probably don't listen more than like 2 minutes into a video, so you want to grab their attention in the beginning.

• Like 1

For some reason, the video on Mythos's new video seems stop at about 23 min after the fortress's foundation has been placed but before the units reach it to start construction and the AI responds, though the audio and playback continue.

I would suggest reloading the page and continuing from where you were, Youtube doesn't work perfectly all the time =) (Which probably would be too much to ask considering all the visitors they must have on a daily basis :) )

Excellent video.

In the past, I have also got feedback that I sounded boring. I think the trick is varying your tone - Once I starting doing that I noticed students were more engaged. At the very beginning of the video, you speak in a monotone. You want to think about what makes you excited about 0 A.D.

A lot of people probably don't listen more than like 2 minutes into a video, so you want to grab their attention in the beginning.

Great little video. Thanks, Jeru. (y)

I would suggest reloading the page and continuing from where you were, Youtube doesn't work perfectly all the time =) (Which probably would be too much to ask considering all the visitors they must have on a daily basis :) )

Every time I play the video, the video stops at 22:40 while the audio and playback continues, and reloading the page has no effect. Its not that big of a deal, I already expect Twitch to not work on this computer (Twitch videos behave like stop and go traffic for me), I just don't generally have problems with YouTube beyond Day9's videos occasionally skipping to the end instead of playing back, which is a known issue.

Every time I play the video, the video stops at 22:40 while the audio and playback continues, and reloading the page has no effect. Its not that big of a deal, I already expect Twitch to not work on this computer (Twitch videos behave like stop and go traffic for me), I just don't generally have problems with YouTube beyond Day9's videos occasionally skipping to the end instead of playing back, which is a known issue.

Weird. It actually happens to me with the embedded video, but not if I watch it at YouTube's site.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a funny video. Sounds like someone's son telling him what to do. lol He's playing it on a 51 inch 1080p plasma TV, which is kind of awesome to imagine. The commentary is super laid back and funny. :)

Great to see very casual gamers (if I may call him that) play the game.

It's a challenge to make the game appeal to both casual players and hardcore gamers. But I think the game does a great job.

Something like formations and more complex upgrading might be less casual, but as you are not really forced to do those, people can play it as easy as they want.

I'm also kind of casual. I'm not sure if multiplayer appeals to me, at least not during this stage when speed seems the most important. I don't mind speed, in Company of Heroes you had to be really fast too (doing something too late could mean losing), but there were also a lot of tactics which I'm sure 0 A.D will have when the formations are done right. But right now it seems to be mainly about speed. Which I don't think I can handle.

Playing with a friend together against AI seems great. I might do that but most of my friends aren't really into real time strategies.

Guess I'll have to force them...

I also like playing for the atmosphere, so I mainly play factions that would be in a particular area. I think I said this, but the scenarios are great! I hope it will have a pop limit soon. Even if the lag is finished, I prefer to play with 200 maybe 250 units, 300 gets too demanding for me, too much managment going on.

A nice video and very positive.

Watching it.

Haha, I remember playing Age of Empires 1 deathmatch on Zone.com. I was a kid so I was not patient enough for regular play. Deathmatch was so silly. Everyone made just one type of soldier, build thousands of buildings to recruit them and if allowed lots of towers. Most players were Choson with legions or Hittite with horse archers if I remember correctly. Some factions weren't used at all (I thought even in regular play some factions were not used).

I tried different tactics like centurions with composite archers but I failed. It was fun hiding my villagers and pissing people off.

EDIT: I agree with his opinion fully.

Edited by Unarmed

That the principal reason for the treggers, made a perfect tutorial of learning scenario. Basic gameplay. In point of the project the game would be different to Aok and Total war. The barter for example for new players can be difficult first time, the group units too, that happens to me. And the tower bonus. That are examples. May be best bonus for noobs players are the defenses.

• Silier featured this topic