Rise of Nations Ideas to 0 AD

Lion.Kanzen

This some interesting ideas from Rise of Nations for 0AD

Multitply Kind Random maps

14x0axg.png

Rules or Modes

jz7ccn.png

Assasin its Free for All no Alliance no peace

Barbarians at the gates its to be Ganged up on (Defend for a Rush)

No Rush: the Attacking its no allowed until least one player reaches especific era.

etc...

victory conditions

s5wkgm.jpg

GUI

348hphl.jpg

Diplomacy

569ab.jpg

And Last

Conquer Wolrd Campaing

2mdktfp.png

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/28/2011 at 7:22 AM, tribalbeat said:

Please no, half the UI in Rise of Nation didn't serve any useful purpose and just took up the screen.

RoN UI is really good. Corner tool tips don't really disturb me. Minimap in the middle is better for quicker minimap click. Economic interface is collapsed as in Lion illustration but can be expanded to show how many workers are on resources(food, wood, iron, oil, caravan ,merchants and I think schoolars too). 

Game controls are very easy/friendly like hotkeys, units, buildings etc. The one thing that's missing is you can't rotate the map. It's very important because you can have positioning or clicking preferences wherever you are located in the map. 

There was one game I can't remember that was very user friendly when scrolling the map. You don't need to use hotkey or positioning the the mouse arrow on the screen edges to navigate just using I guess the left and right mouse button. I think it's Red Alert. 

Edited by Servo

3 hours ago, Servo said:

RoN UI is really good. Corner tool tips don't really disturb me. Minimap in the middle is better for quicker minimap click. Economic interface is collapsed as in Lion illustration but can be expanded to show how many workers are on resources(food, wood, iron, oil, caravan ,merchants and I think schoolars too). 

Game controls are very easy/friendly like hotkeys, units, buildings etc. The one thing that's missing is you can't rotate the map. It's very important because you can have positioning or clicking preferences wherever you are located in the map. 

There was one game I can't remember that was very user friendly when scrolling the map. You don't need to use hotkey or positioning the the mouse arrow on the screen edges to navigate just using I guess the left and right mouse button. I think it's Red Alert. 

In this case don't reply guys that aren't in the forum, he can't  answer