My top Ideas updated

Lion.Kanzen

Introduction

Here are many standard ideas, i know are ideas from others RTS and you guys are very creative you can think about with mistrust or suspicion.

1- Chose Tecnologies (AOM & AOE III)

We like Choose, and we lived with that, even a Bad decision

1.- Choose type of government like AOE III

For Example Romans:

Consular or Triunvire or Dictatorial, Praetor, Consultc. or Elect Popularis and Optimates

This happens every time, if you upgrade City Phase.

For example if you Elects Dictatorial system you must use a determinated Hero like Quintus Fabius.

or If you Elect Consular goverment you must Elect Gaius Marius and the Refom Technology, and Special Champion Unit Marius Legionaries.

you can convert a Carthage into Kindom from a Republican State. etc

Convert a Gaul tribes into a Civilization with unique Governor like Vercingetorix an fight units against roman menace.

Why implement?

for a Randomness in each game, political decision influxes how you build your city. like AOE series. you want play more and the game arent the same.

2- Replant Farms (Empre Earth)

for a cheap amount of gold or wood

3- Diplomacy SYSTEM Improved (Empire Earth 2 & Rise Of Nations)

• a Be Your friend (Ally)
  • Dont Attack(or Rush) me for Gold (that dont see in any RTS, if pay gold, the machine dont attack you for a time thats you agree with they )
  • Give me a units: The Players trade units, The Roman Civ can trade Extraordinarius for Gold or for Elephants.
  • Attack to Faction () e.i the Romans or Iberians etc. You can Attack a Faction for gold or for trade Units
  • Peace for time (in minutes)
  • Betrayed if Your Ally attacks other Allys. like Rome TW you decide will be still friend or enemy or Neutral
  • Allied Victory. both Factions win.
  • Flare for ally's reinforcement. or defends ally Civ Centre.

569ab.jpg

4- Classic Flare buttons and Practic UI

Minimalistic icons and/or Beauty and goog looking

New Functional Buttons for GUI.

• Call to Armas
  • Town Bell buttons
  • Tech Tree Button
  • Flre Button
  • Idle Worker show Active Inactive
  • Civ. Info- example name: Roman Phase town: III, User name
  • Stat Info detailed: Garrinson Cap, Attack, Armor, Speed, etc
  • Attack button this is not same than attack movement.
  • Special Attack Button. convert heal, power button, skill, ramming. etc.
  • Diplomacy Screen Buttons.

ufUAMl.jpg

6- Taxation A tech Gold for temples and Taxation maybe a Tax building

the religion give us money like Trading but this Tech that increase a Gold 2x can you collect.

they are many ways to implement.

• 1- The Temple gives 0.3 more gold for each garrison units and collected gold.
  • 2 Like AOM Worpshipers collected gold very slow (prying for gold but more slow than trade)
  • 3 Trade between Temple and Market.

Greek_Worshipping_At_Temple.JPG

7- Units and Item for Market

a Unit can Convert Enemy units in Slaves

Slaves can carry more Resourges than a citizen

and a Mercenary capitan for much Gold this can give Exotic Units

My idea was a Unit can convert civilian(female) into Slaves

For every few enemy citizens you kill, a new citizen appears at your Capitol, assuming you have a Civ Center and are under the pop cap.

8- Pallisades And Palisades Tower

for construct Fortsprovides a temporary defense

Like Julius Caesar in Gallics Wars

thas are implement :victory:

9- Treasure defense (AOE Online & Warcraft III)

• if you beat a gaia Enemy can gathers treasures.
  • Rebel army in map guard a treasure in Random map.

spartan2012010601113195.png

10- Conquer The World Campaing (Rise of Nations , Total war , Empire Earh III)

gameplay long for hours

May be will implemented in future.

11- Many types of Games rules. They make the game very flexible and many hours of gameplay. even AOE Online designers know how make the game dont be repetitive.

Victory type

King Of the Hill

Victory for Score

Control of Territory

Control of Outpost

Regicide

Destroy Town Center

Kill 100 Soldiers or civs

Control Relics

Wonder Victory

Tech Victory(Tech Racing /Evolution)

Defend the city/Marvel/Hero from Enemy for time (Countdown)(Rush)

Protect the Hero

tableco.png

Diplomacy type

Melee

Free for All

Teams

custom Deplomacy

All against the Strongest (The high numbers of Military units)

All against the Rich (the a Lot of Recourses)

AI

Levels - Scary, Easy,Normal, Hard and Insane

Type- Economic, Military, Tech, Turtle

• Easy AI (Demobot)
  • Turtle AI
  • Rush AI (Qbot)
  • Medium AI

Resources variant

Deathmatch

High

Normal

Poor

None

12- (Rome Total wAr, Rise aNd fall civs At War )

New Siege Units

RAM

Team ladders

SAp Point

AA_Sap_point.jpg

13- Civ Inventory System.

For Heroes and Healers and others.

• Equipement Bonus-itmes can incresed stats if you have in your Civs Inventory
  • Better Waepons
  • Bonus Attack
  • Avaible items from Treasures or after Win a Match
  • Relics
  • Treasure

hon-shops.jpg

14 Single Click to Walk Double click to Run

When Run losses a lot stamina

they will implemnted...

15- Custom Civilizations with Custom Tech Tree

For the End...

16- Trophies and unlock content that like MS Points and a table of Top Players

Equipament for Heroes: The Sword of Alexander,

Units Special - Heroes, Pretorians, Prophets, Spies, Champions Units

Unlock Campagins, Units, Ai levels, Art, gameplay

Titles: Like Megas Alexandros, Title of Empirator, Title of Coqueror, Range of Centurion, Rush Maker, Horde of Gold, God of War, King of Kings (like Mitridates IV) in table of Online Gaming

Bonus extra Civs

Historical Battles

892113477-1.jpg

New Updates to Alpha 15 and Beyond

I update this topic.

• I update this topic.
    Mini factions idea. Train mercenaries in Single player.
    Special Village Units -Upgrade. Spy, Hunters,
    Dynasties. In game Session choose a Faction.
    Upgrade attach buildings- like terrans in starcfraft in order create new units and research technologies.
    Spot players that lose the civic Centres- Late games.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17412&st=40

5.jpg

Q5UtllI.png

Upgrade attach buildings- like terrans in starcfraft in order create new units and research technologies.

BfnmJ.png

Spot players that lose the civic Centres- Late games

SC2-mods-Marine-Arena-627x351.jpg.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

1. Technologies will be implemented in the future, there is no debate about that.

2. Farming expiration time is already in place, i personally think that having to replant farms is a pointless practice in terms of increasing game depth and historical accuracy, all it does is increase micro intensity. RTS games are often criticized for being to much about micro and becoming click fests according to Wikipedia so i think replanting farms should be abolished. Some Ancient Greek historians attribute sustainable farming and more generally the invention of the family farm to be the most important factor for making the Ancient Greeks so successful.

3. I think diplomacy is a great idea but its hardly an original one and i am pretty sure that it will be implemented sometime in the future. I think the ability to switch a setting on to make the teams unlocked before the game starts will be the easiest way to add diplomacy. This type of game style is typically called FFA (FREE FOR ALL), but it tends to raise a few tempers from time to time.

4. Not exactly sure what a classic flare is but i don't think flares had been invented during the time of o ad but i am sure some sort of signal such as a flaming arrow could be used instead to notify other players of a location.

5. I don't think cows were very numerous during the 0 ad time, i think it was mainly sheep and goats that were the main herd animals, at least i am pretty sure this is true for Greece. But do not hold me to that or any other historical facts i give!

6. What is the purpose of the taxation building in o ad? Temples should be expensive to build but i do not understand what you mean by taxis. Who is being taxed? At this stage players only provide training+housing,they do not pay or feed their workers/citizens/soldiers so i am not really sure how you tax people who have no income. I would like to have it so players must feed and pay their workers and soldiers beyond the training stage and i am currently working on that idea.

7.I think converting enemy units to slaves is a good idea but i am not sure how it can be made possible to do so on o ad, maybe special cavalry units could be added that are able to catch fleeing soldiers with nets and drag them to your territory where you could trade them in for gold.

Have no time now to comment on rest of ideas, ill finish this post tomorrow

2. Replanting isn't tedious micromanagement, it prevents tedious micromanagement, a reseed farm cue like in AoK would be a good idea.

4. The flaming arrow for flare sounds like a good idea.

8. Those things are already available to the Romans.

10. Historical Campaigns are planned.

11. I suspect it goes back to what edwardlongshanks said to 3.

12. Rams are available to some factions.

14. Stamina is planned, mentioned in another thread.

Edited by Zeta1127

"Stamina" was actually already implemented in the Pre-Pre-Alpha build of the game and it worked relatively well. It was a simple double-right-click to initiate the run/charge. I also advocate using the 'R' hotkey for it. We'll probably get Stamina/Running/Charging implemented within the next couple of Alphas.

Herd Animals, Buildings, and Women will have "Loyalty" in place of Stamina for capturing purposes.

I think that farms should actually require food to be built. It seems quite ludicrous to think that actually wood chips would be capable of growing wheat. To balance this, you could make the gathering rate of farms a lot slower. As for taxation, I would only have such a system be used if there was a plan for happiness being an issue.

Well if you want to talk about what farms would really have cost to make/plant/produce then you would have to have fertile land as being a resource since this was the most expensive thing that you needed for a farm. Other costs of a farm such as wood and food would of been extremely insignificant until you run out of fertile land. 90% or more of wealth during the time of o ad was in land and an even greater percentage in 500 BC. If o ad fails to recognize and incorporate the true value of land and especially fertile land into the game then it makes most arguments of what is historically most accurate both pointless and insignificant. Ancient Rome did not capture most of the Mediterranean sea simply because they liked the idea of being able to call it A Roman Lake and you don't need to hold a territory as large as Ancient Rome did simply because you need the room to build barracks and houses.

• 7 months later...

We will probably need to have the game run a script to compile all of the techs into a tree for each faction.

alternatively, you could go for the AOK and have a singular image showing every generally available class (with appropriate additions and cross-outs for each civ). if there's eventually going to be a "view history" option like in AOM (so that you can view the stats of a unit as well as what improvements they have and what units they are good/bad against while fighting and some history on them), then using a static picture for each civ that shows the tech tree might be a little problematic

the team dont talk about thst issues, we users/player know about Naval WArfare, about citizen soldiers, Campaing mode, but nobody talk about Player mode and the Diplomacy System.

even dont discuss the Tech system and possible Tech tree.

Many of our discussions are internal. And a lot of times we don't discuss certain features until they are ready to be implemented.

Many of our discussions are internal. And a lot of times we don't discuss certain features until they are ready to be implemented.

And also, the final implementation isn't decided until we've got something already in the game that we can test how it works in actual gameplay :) (Something that may sound great in theory might prove not to work at all in reality for example) So there's a limit to how much we can say when we can't be sure ourselves ;)

• 6 months later...

I know Age 3 (captain-major rank)

(even loved it, even though everyone else says its the beginning of age's decline, to me age 3 was great)

and They mixed it: there are more native tribes then amerindian civs. Still lakota dog soldiers are a unit the sioux could make as civ,

and therefore a sioux playing on grt plains just have technologies from posts (and more pop, since natives have a max unit number on their own)

• 10 months later...

I update this topic.

Spot players that lose the civic Centres- Late games.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen