Community Projects

NOXAS1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that it's been twelve days. Schools been hectic and we are still in playoffs. (We got to march in cowboy stadium) luckily I should have time this weekend. In the mean time I would like some input please. Any ideas on what terrain to put on the water? What trees? What would give it that Gorge feel?

Edited by NOXAS1

Yay more updates!!! Please give some input and criticism. The little village in the Gorge was meant to be only eyecandy. However I would like to keep it there for the feel of the map. Perhaps make it a little treasure trove for whoever captures it or destroys it or occupies it? It would force players to get into the middle of the map and help minimize turtling. How is that idea?

post-3847-0-85953100-1321937287_thumb.pn

Edited by NOXAS1

Hmm there seems to be an area that troops can go through to reach the gorge. But I guess since Mythos made the Gorge layout I'll ask him. What do you think Mythos? Oh and I'll experiment with the temperate biome :D

Under normal circumstance I think it would be interesting to allow access to the floor of the gorge. However, pathfinding being what it is, I think it would be best to not give players access to it. I could see all kinds of strange things happening and units getting stuck and such. It would create an interesting dynamic where you have to fight over the open North end of the map to gain access to your enemy's home base instead of cutting through the gorge.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Would it be ok if I got a um deadline? If you could send that to me in either PM or here that'd be cool. I just need to know how much time I have and how to schedule map making time with getting college applications and stuff of that sort done. Don't worry I have been working on the maps though. Just having a hard time doing a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally an update of the biome!!! forgive the small progress thankfully I still got a week and a half :D Also a little sneak peak on some progress on a fort in the middle of "no mans land" I was thinking maybe the players could capture it and use it to make a forward base. So they'll have to rush to get it if you know what I mean. Still working on beautifying the entire land so forgive the little detail on the biome around the fort. Oh I have a request for Atlas as well if this ever gets done. A forest brush. So all you got to do to make a group of trees is click! Hope you guys enjoy. More to come tomorrow.

post-3847-0-31117000-1324759670_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-34782800-1324759702_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-90313300-1324759751_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-61070100-1324759771_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-32680800-1324759790_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-08265300-1324759811_thumb.pn