Game runs very slow

Aradir

Hello.

First my system:

CPU : IA-32, Intel Core2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz (1x2x1), 2.67 GHz

Memory : 4096 MiB; 2402 MiB free

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO

OpenGL Drivers : 2.1.2; nvoglv64.dll (8.17.12.8026), nvoglv32.dll (8.17.12.8026)

Video Mode : 1280x1024:32

Sound Card : Realtek High Definition Audio

When I start the game, the first problem I notice is, that the sound lags. It sound like the music starts after 1 second from the beginning. Again and Again.

Then the game reacts very very slow. 10 Seconds before it recognizes that I scroll with the mouse to an new menu point. When I click then it needs again many time before it goes forward. And I'm talking only about the menu. So at the moment it's unplayable for me. =/ Somebody an idea?

The latest:"0ad-r09786-alpha-win32" 0 A.D. Alpha 6 Fortuna

I remember that when I installed the game, that there was an message that a driver is not be installed because it was unsigned or something like that.

Edited by Aradir

The Aken driver provides access to I/O ports and mapping physical memory, which allows accessing hardware timers not supported by WinXP. Without this, we are prone to various timer bugs (skipping forward) and inaccuracies.

If interested, you can check out the source code - search for aken, mahaf, whrt.

Unfortunately the code signing certificate issued to me seems to have a problem, or I bungled the signing somehow. It used to work, but a Windows update has resulted in even tighter restrictions, so it currently refuses to load. If anyone is knowledgeable on this topic, I would appreciate any advice.