For Mac?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I installed Lion and Xcode 4, and now I understand what people were complaining about :( The UI has totally changed and our projects aren't compatible with the new concept of "Schemes". All of the separate projects are treated as schemes which is bad: it makes the process of changing build configuration almost impossible (there should only be one scheme for debug builds, one for release builds, one for testing, etc). So I guess we need to unify all the Xcode projects into one as we do for Visual Studio, that's not bad in itself but I don't know how hard it will be for premake4.

Xcode4 Transition Guide:

In Xcode 3 you have to set an active target, a build configuration, and an executable as separate items. The problem with this approach is that targets, configurations, and executables are intimately linked. At its simplest, for example, a target contains one product, which is executed without any special options or environmental settings. However, sometimes the product requires values for input parameters or other customization before it can be executed. In Xcode 4, you select a scheme, which specifies which targets to build, what build configuration to use, which debugger to use, and which executable to launch

On the positive side of things, MacPorts did work for all the dependencies with no issues, and the build completed successfully.

So I guess we need to unify all the Xcode projects into one as we do for Visual Studio, that's not bad in itself but I don't know how hard it will be for premake4.

Ohh that's bad news :(.

We will have to wait until premake supports xcode4. They have a seperate brach in their repository for xcode4 support... but I didn't yet check how far they are (currently it's offline).

https://bitbucket.org/liamdevine/premake-dev-xcode4/