Ai Bot

So I just tried a match vs splitbot and I'm very impressed by how fast it was producing units. I was struggling to keep my unit count above the AI's until splitbot had around 150 units and then sent them towards my base. When his 150 citizen-soldier units walked into my army of 160 citizen-soldier units it all went crazy. Pity the lag made it unplayable.

Excellent work lexa!

Héhéhé, I told you it was a nasty bot... I am not sure that you would have ended dead or not, but I think so because once it attacks you, it never stops building new units and sending them by group...

Anyway you are better than me because I can not keep my unit count above the AI's one good.gif

For the lag, I have a plan.

There will be another Agent class which is the AttackerAgent. The bot it will split in several attacker agents - that is why the bot is called Split Bot, it splits in many Agents, and each attacker will have something like 10 units. That is how we can avoid what happens now, which is an order to attack one building or go to one position, given to 150 units.

Thank you for the test :)

For the lag, I have a plan.

There will be another Agent class which is the AttackerAgent. The bot it will split in several attacker agents - that is why the bot is called Split Bot, it splits in many Agents, and each attacker will have something like 10 units. That is how we can avoid what happens now, which is an order to attack one building or go to one position, given to 150 units.

That sounds perfect. As you know, it's the pathfinding that causes the majority of the lag, so breaking the huge attack force into smaller groups should help. I think the AI builds too many farms early on, and doesn't use the natural food resources - which is where I got the head start.

The AI may also have been restricted because of the new building placement rules. Do you use the svn build for your testing?

I am getting too those javascript warnings. And yes I downloaded the latest version you offer. My build is: Aug 21 Build 10048 running in Ubuntu 10.10. I think that warning affects so much that bot tries to build houses where already exists one and doesn't even attack in 30minutes(time warped).

PS. I made little video showing new main menu:

once I have solved my sound capturing problem I will start doing 0AD gameplay videos. Edited by Linux_Eki

So I just tried a match vs splitbot and I'm very impressed by how fast it was producing units. I was struggling to keep my unit count above the AI's until splitbot had around 150 units and then sent them towards my base. When his 150 citizen-soldier units walked into my army of 160 citizen-soldier units it all went crazy. Pity the lag made it unplayable.

Excellent work lexa!

I pwned this AI hard on Oasis II. It was no contest. One thing I was surprised to see was that it trained mercs from the Royal Stoa, which is a nice touch! I don't think they built a single Mill though, nor a Farmstead. No barracks or Fortress either. I attacked after hitting 120 pop and massacred them. They had a bunch of farms bunched up under their Civ Centre, some houses, and not much else. I got the errors, yeah. And another batch of errors after taking down their Civ Centre. I recommend taking a look at Jubot and see what it's doing right (and what it's doing wrong). I'm glad there is another set of brains looking into the AI!

Worth remembering splitbot doesn't defend itself yet, so by attacking it you were cheating ;)

HAHA.... well, technically neither does Jubot. ;) A human player will alter his/her strategy when they are being attack (pull units off of gathering, train more soldiers instead of females), but Jubot does none of that either. ;)

Yeah Michael, Come on! I mean who attacks with only 120 men!!!
I only attacked with a few eles and some support troops. The other 100 pop stayed home and ate elderberry jam. ;)