Bug In Atlas

chaosislife

I have a feeling what chaosislife is asking is why he can't see the file in the directory he specified when viewing it via the file browser. The reason is that the "select where to save" dialog really isn't a "select where to install" dialog, but really just a save dialog. And where it saves to depends on a lot of things, what operating system you use, if you use a release version or the SVN version. In Windows XP using the release version it seems it saves to: Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Application Data\0ad\cache\mods\public\maps\scenarios (replace [uSERNAME] with you username) so I assume the path on Windows 7 is similar. Eventually it should be saved to some easier-to-access location like My Documents\My Games\0ad\scenarios or similar, but at the moment it is this complicated (mainly because it's complicated getting it to work right on all operating systems/configurations + we have to decide exactly where to put it).

What's the location on Linux/Mac? Would be nice to provide this information to users as it's currently a bit hard for them to find the maps to redistribute them. (Speaking of Atlas I've added http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Tricks for things like this which doesn't fit in http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_User%2527s_Guide which should be more of a manual - clicking on this button will do that - and is getting long enough as it is :) )

What's the location on Linux/Mac? Would be nice to provide this information to users as it's currently a bit hard for them to find the maps to redistribute them. (Speaking of Atlas I've added http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Tricks for things like this which doesn't fit in http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_User%2527s_Guide which should be more of a manual - clicking on this button will do that - and is getting long enough as it is :) )

Added WASD/QE camera movement information to the Atlas guide. (y)

Added WASD/QE camera movement information to the Atlas guide. (y)

(y) Though I'd personally probably want that to be removed so we can use those keys for i.e. building shortcuts etc :P Though there are 20 letters more we can use, and while i.e. the Civ centre might benefit from a one button shortcut (like AoK) I think the others probably can use use eg Ctrl+[letter] so that makes 19 available for other things, so probably no big deal either way :)

Not sure why we would remove the WASD (QE) functionality, when other RTSs are adding that functionality. Heck, even the 5 year old game Rome:Total War had WASD camera movement. In the end I don't see why we couldn't have a couple of custom hotkey presets and the ability to remap the keys if so desired.

Not sure why we would remove the WASD (QE) functionality, when other RTSs are adding that functionality. Heck, even the 5 year old game Rome:Total War had WASD camera movement. In the end I don't see why we couldn't have a couple of custom hotkey presets and the ability to remap the keys if so desired.

Yeah, it's more that I personally don't use them (the arrow keys are at a better position for me as I'm left-handed, I can see how the WASD keys are better for someone who's right-handed though :) ) and we already have the arrow keys, so it's locking up four keys for functionality we already provide. It's definitely not a big deal though, especially since it should already be possible to remap the keys in local.cfg I'd guess. Or at least if you have write access to default.cfg :) Either way customizable hotkeys via in-game dialog is definitely a feature I hope we'll have :)