New Maps Pack Released!

hi Jubalbarca,

thank you for your maps.

I've these problems with Barcania map:

1) i'm player 1 and player 2 try over and over to build a Gymnasion in the middle of my village. My units destroy the foundations, but AI continues to set the Gymnasion there.

post-12462-0-33751100-1307053191_thumb.j

2) i've made a group with cavalry units and heroes and they are unable to pass this point near the enemy top village. Maybe the problem are heroes units?

post-12462-0-14422500-1307053531_thumb.j

Edited by ribez

On Barcania that IS a problem, the AI currently finds it hard to deal with not having much building space unfortunately. That can't really be fixed until the AI is, unless you fancy going into the map editor and clearing out a load of the trees near player 2.

The other problem is just that the terrain is too dense, send a load of workers over and clear some of those rocks/trees out the way and you'll be fine. Chariots are quite big, and don't maneuver well in forest areas.

thanks.

ok... so the second problem is directly connected to the design of the map and can be easily corrected through the editor.

But the first problem is only marginally due to the map, and i think that is more related to the game engine design. In future Alphas is planned something like sphere of influence?

From my point of view a player shouldn't be able to build in the middle of a enemy village. Maybe a solution could be a zone determined with a circle centered in the Civic Centre where enemy buildings are not allowed

Edited by ribez

thanks.

ok... so the second problem is directly connected to the design of the map and can be easily corrected through the editor.

But the first problem is only marginally due to the map, and i think that is more related to the game engine design. In future Alphas is planned something like sphere of influence?

From my point of view a player shouldn't be able to build in the middle of a enemy village. Maybe a solution could be a zone determined with a circle centered in the Civic Centre where enemy buildings are not allowed

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Background%3A_Territories :)