It May Be A Bit Too Early To Think About It...

tribalbeat

We're mainly sticking with factions that would have interacted with Rome over the time period of our game, for 0 A.D. Parts 1 and 2. So, Huns are in for Part 2, but not the Han Chinese. However, I could see an "Eastern Empires" pack (0 A.D. 2.5?) where we include the Han and Indians after we release Part 2. :) Such decisions would be made once the time comes, but it's not a bad thing to throw ideas into the ring when they come to mind. (y)

Are you particularly knowledgeable about either the Huns or Han?

We're mainly sticking with factions that would have interacted with Rome over the time period of our game, for 0 A.D. Parts 1 and 2. So, Huns are in for Part 2, but not the Han Chinese. However, I could see an "Eastern Empires" pack (0 A.D. 2.5?) where we include the Han and Indians after we release Part 2. :) Such decisions would be made once the time comes, but it's not a bad thing to throw ideas into the ring when they come to mind. (y)

Are you particularly knowledgeable about either the Huns or Han?

when it gets to that, i think the third release of 0ad should have six more factions that DIDNT interact with rome (or at least not to a great extent), primarily the han chinese, mauryan indians, and yamato japanese

when it gets to that, i think the third release of 0ad should have six more factions that DIDNT interact with rome (or at least not to a great extent), primarily the han chinese, mauryan indians, and yamato japanese

I don't think that Yamato would be powerful enough to fit in the game.

I really must point out that Alexander (though he lived in about 300BC) did invade India, and though he did not encounter the Mauryans, his army revolted at the borders of the Nanda Empire, which was the precursor to the Mauryan Empire. Alexander also conquered many lands later owned by the Mauryans, such as Taxila.

I'm no historian, but I can provide some ideas on how the Mauryan faction can be built.

Huns and Hans maybe? Both of these fit perfectly with the time period. Think is mainly a discussion for the fans as I think the devs have enough to worry about now. Well, what do you guys think?

It's a very good idea. 0 A.D. is a high-quality game. I hope that the Han Empire will appear in the game, because I am from China and I am very interested in the Han's history. I imagine how the Han's army will be shown in a Western game. Of course, her main enemy and the enemy of both of the Orient and the Occident, the Huns, should appear, too.

I don't think that Yamato would be powerful enough to fit in the game.

It's also good to add the Yamato Japan. More civilizations are added to a game, and the game will be more wonderful.

Of course, the early Yamato Japan was not powerful enough. The country became strong since the times of Shotoku Taishi. In A.D. 663 there was the first navy battle between China and Japan in the Korea Peninsula.

Don't forget Koguryo. It was a strong country which once existed in the Northeast Asia. Japan suffered much from the country, and once wrote to the emperor of China for fighting against Koguryo.