[Resolved] Alpha 4 Compilation Fails (Spidermonkey)

Gallaecio

I'm using this code to compile the game:

cd $srcdir/$pkgname-$_pkgver/build/workspaces
patch -uN update-workspaces.sh $srcdir/$pkgname-nogtk.patch
./update-workspaces.sh
cd $srcdir/$pkgname-$_pkgver/build/workspaces/gcc
CONFIG=Debug make

Notes about it: It's part of a PKGBUILD script (which is why there are some path variables). The patch only removes a parameter to avoid compiling the editor, since I don't want GTK stuff in the final package (I'll probably get the editor compiled separated or something). I think that's all. I'll add that Chakra GNU/Linux is based on Arch Linux, so most things will be common.

In the output, it failed during the spidermonkey build. These are the last lines of the output:

../jsarray.cpp: In function ‘JSBool js_ArrayCompPush_tn(JSContext*, JSObject*, js::ValueArgType)’:
../jsarray.cpp:2045:27: error: ‘SetBuiltinError’ was not declared in this scope
../jsarray.cpp:2049:16: error: ‘struct JSContext’ has no member named ‘tracerState’
../jsarray.cpp:2050:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function
make[1]: *** [jsarray.o] Erro 1
make[1]: *** Agardando por traballos non rematados....
make[1]: Saíndo do directorio `/home/chaves/proxectos/Chakra/packaging/master/tmp/0ad/src/0ad-r09049-alpha/libraries/spidermonkey-tip/src/build-debug'
make: *** [default] Erro 2
ERROR: SpiderMonkey build failed

I've also noticed that it has problems to detect the host:

SpiderMonkey build options: --disable-tests --host=x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux': machine `x86_64-chakra-gnu' not recognized

checking target system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux': machine `x86_64-chakra-gnu' not recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux': machine `x86_64-chakra-gnu' not recognized

I don't know how to avoid it, but I don't care if it has nothing to do with the failure (which I don't really know at all).

And just in case, I attach the whole output.

0ad-alpha_4-output.txt

(Why "CONFIG=Debug make"? Debug mode will make the game extremely slow, and it's usually not useful except for developers, so I'd expect packages to use CONFIG=Release instead.)

SpiderMonkey build options: --disable-tests --host=x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux

creating cache ./config.cache

checking host system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux': machine `x86_64-chakra-gnu' not recognized

I imagine that might be causing problems, since SpiderMonkey may get confused and fail to compile some necessary code. The "x86_64-chakra-gnu-linux" comes from your CHOST, but where does that come from? The only reference on the web seems to be this post, so I suspect you have a peculiar configuration :). It should be like "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu", or maybe "x86_64-chakra-linux-gnu" if you want - note the order of the last two words.

I used Debug to let users get useful backtraces if they wanted to, but if it slows down the game speed I'll use Release instead :)

And I know where the CHOST variable is set (and tried to change it in the script itself to just "linux", but unsuccessfully - it remained the original value, I probably did it too late in the script). Will play with the values you suggest and report back. Thanks for the help.