Compile Errors

ROBBIEPam

svn update did not get rid of any of the errors :(

is this what the 2nd incident is to look like?

if(!skipPopulate)

{

PRealDirectory rd;

rd = subdirectory->AssociatedsubDirectory();

debug_printf(L"populating %ls\n", rd? rd->Path().string().c_str() : L"(0)");

RETURN_ERR(vfs_Populate(subdirectory));

rd = directory->AssociatedsubDirectory();

debug_printf(L"populated %ls\n", rd? rd->Path().string().c_str() : L"(0)");

}

directory = subdirectory;

}

Edited by ROBBIEPam

svn update did not get rid of any of the errors

OK. But it's just like detective work - we've got to rule out the obvious stuff first.

is this what the 2nd incident is to look like?

Duude! I can't hold your hand at every step of the way.

AssociatedsubDirectory doesn't exist anywhere in the project,

and as mentioned, we need to replace all occurrences of

`directory' (the whole word) with subdirectory.

The 2nd spot should read:

if(!skipPopulate)
{
PRealDirectory rd;
rd = subdirectory->AssociatedDirectory();
debug_printf(L"populating %ls\n", rd? rd->Path().string().c_str() : L"(0)");
RETURN_ERR(vfs_Populate(subdirectory));
rd = subdirectory->AssociatedDirectory();
debug_printf(L"populated %ls\n", rd? rd->Path().string().c_str() : L"(0)");
}

Unfortunately, at this rate, the bug isn't going to be found *sigh*

I'm very sorry, I wish I was better at this and knew more. I really want to learn but I think I may as well give up. My parents made me quit school at 8th grade and I didn't have any access to a computer till I was 14 and I didn't get access to the internet till less than a year ago (i'm 19 now). I guess I'm just to far behind…

anyway, I'll do my best to help you all I can and I'm sorry I misunderstand so often. one thing that I meant to mention is that while the file "program.rng" does exist, its has an extra nesting level. It is in "binaries/DATA/mods/public/shaders/program.rng" I tried to fix the second incident and its building now so I should be able to get its results up here for you the next time I have internet which will be at 2 a.m.

I'm very sorry I'm not better at this! I really want to learn it but I guess I'm to far behind. My parents made me quit school at 8th grade, I didn't have access to a computer till I was 14 and I just got internet access less than a year ago (I'm 19 now) I'll do my best to help you but then I'm putting programing behind me and gonna give up on college and stuff and just focus on my night shift job at walmart.

Anyway, one thing that I meant to mention is that while "program.rng" does exist, it has an extra nesting level that could be throwing things off? its address is "binaries/DATA/mods/public/shaders/program.rng" I don't know if this is the problem or not.

I tried to fix the second incident and its building now so i should be able to post the results the next time I have internet which will be at 2 a.m.

ok, its def not finding all the image files. the game loads now, but does not have the person, or the houses and other buildings. they are supposedly there, just invisible. I tried to find where to change where it looks for them to see if the extra nest level was what was throwing it off but I must not be smart enough because I couldn't figure out where that part of the program was. I did check and some of the files that it said it couldnt find were there...

Edited by ROBBIEPam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back!

Reading this thread again, it looks like we've got a not entirely simple bug. Debugging is hard any way you slice it, and I guess we'd need an experienced OS X developer to find out what's going wrong. We'll get it eventually, though. When OS X is better supported and we release a binary installer, you will be in the game :)