Forum Upgrade Completed!

k776

<br />This isn't showing up on the 0 A.D. homepage at the moment. =\

We're currently running 2 different installations: the old one and the new one. The "old one" runs the website. It can be located at /sitemanagementforum. Please note that the two installations are completely separate. They share no files, no databases, etc. If you change your password on the current forum installation, you'll still have to use your old password to update the sitemanagementforum.

We're currently running 2 different installations: the old one and the new one. The "old one" runs the website. It can be located at /sitemanagementforum. Please note that the two installations are completely separate. They share no files, no databases, etc. If you change your password on the current forum installation, you'll still have to use your old password to update the sitemanagementforum.

When trying to login I get redirected to http://wildfiregames.com/forum

When trying to login I get redirected to <a href='http://wildfiregames.com/forum' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://wildfiregames.com/forum</a>

Yeah, there are a few things that have to be changed in order for it to work correctly. If the website absolutely needs to be updated before Tuesday, you can log into the admin panel (/sitemanagementforum/admin.php) and edit the site URL so that it says wildfiregames.com/sitemanagementforum instead of wildfiregames.com/forum.

Ah yeah, it was broken in the forum upgrade. I'm currently working on fixing it.

Or scratch that :P Brian, could you please take care of this? As far as I can tell the feed needs the forum to be turned online again, but then people would be able to register etc, and that wouldn't be a good thing (I know the chance isn't too big since this is the main forum, but still, if there's a better way. I'm almost starting to think it would be nicer/easier to create the feed manually :P ). We could always use an .htaccess file or something to hide the forum from most people, but as far as I can tell that would hide it (and thus the feed) from feedburner as well :P

EDIT: While looking for a useful option I did change the name of the cookie though, so you shouldn't be logged out when going from this to that forum.

Edited by feneur
Add info

EDIT: While looking for a useful option I did change the name of the cookie though, so you shouldn't be logged out when going from this to that forum.

Or at least I thought it would work that way :P But then I realized I couldn't log in to the forum at all, could still log in to the Admin CP though, so now it should work (and I think it should work to be logged in at both places now as well, still don't know how to do with the RSS feed though :P ).

Sorry, Alandil, it had to be done at some point... For security reasons (the old IPB was not secure), for money-related reasons (we already bought the license - no point in wasting the money), for spam protection (it started getting really really bad over the last few months) and for website development (it is incredibly hard to redo the website and attract new developers and fans when it is essentially a hand-coded hijacked form of the forum system).

Took me a few days to get used to it, but it's like getting around in a foreign country, over time you get better at it. :)

You'll get used to it Aldandil :)

Any news on fixing the post formating buttons (like Bold, Italic etc.)?

Last I heard from Brian was that it seemed hard to solve :P

So, for now we might have to remember the codes =) (You can see a list of them by clicking on the ? in the top right above the editor (it's the one button that seems to work :P ))

You'll get used to it Aldandil :) Any news on fixing the post formating buttons (like Bold, Italic etc.)?

I'm currently trying to find a solution on my test server. This seems to be a pretty out-of-the-ordinary issue that we're having. I thought maybe that I missed some JavaScript when uploading the new forum files, but my diffs appear to be clean. I think we're having a larger issue.

• 2 weeks later...