what games do you play besides 0ad?

• 1 month later...

Well, i'm not playing any more, but i played these games since i was 8 years old:

RTS - Age of Empires (all volumes), Starcraft, Warcraft and Rise of Nations.

TBS - Heroes of Might and Magic (II - V , preference for the third).

MMORPG - World of Warcraft, Rune Scape

best of them? I'm still divided by Starcraft and Age of Empires 2!

Open source: Hedgewars.

Non-open... these days not much blame Uni - but a host of RPGs (The Witcher, Dragon Age 1 + expansion), strategy/city building (Anno series, AOE series - till 2, Starcraft 1). MMORPG I've spent a lifetime playing Ultima Online (at first on osi, then on RP freeshards such as Mytharria, Darkage RP and so forth). Then shortly played WoW, leveled up and quit - got stuck around with Eve online for a while. Now the glan and friends are playing world of tanks, so gave that a try until I sold my desktop (to move, and also to focus on uni more:).

Many more games but let's keep this list short :)

Edited by phoebus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Over the years? Many.

Now? Not so many.

Favourites are definitely the original C&C and Red Alert. Loved Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights.

Battle for Middle Earth was great.

AoE wasn't bad when it was released - not really tried the later versions.

Cossacks was fun for a while, Cossacks II was better.

Fifa

Amongst others!

Homeworld, AoE, AoE2, Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold 2, StarCraft. Supreme Commander, Battlefield 2, CnC: TFD, The Battle for Middle-earth series, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, and Star Wars: Republic Commando for PC games. I haven't been able to play AoE2, Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, Battlefield 2, CnC: TFD, The Battle for Middle-earth series, and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds very much lately, due to having to use a Vizio TV that doesn't support their resolution as a monitor.

LoZ, ALttP, Assassin's Creed, MW2, MW3, Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST for console games. Sadly, I don't play CoD or Halo online, because I don't have any consoles set up for internet.

I really want Skyrim and some of the later Assassin's Creed games at some point.

Edited by Zeta1127

Uberstrike (started when it was Paradise Paintball), used to be part of Mars Explorer community (still play it sometimes), and CHESS! I suggest chess.com, its a great way to enjoy the game. But none of them are open source (although Mars Explorer might be in the future).

• 2 weeks later...

You guys should check out Mount&Blade: Warband. The original game itself is a medieval combat simulator (using your mouse to do both controlled attacks and blocks with your character using mouse movements). But there are really cool historically-based mods that do date around 0 A.D. and other locations and dates of history.

• Like 1

No other open source games, but mainly Call of Duty 4.

sadly the newer COD games are bad i personally like world at war better

but the game i play was skyrim but i stopped since they started shafting ps3 users, idk wat to play now :unknw:

Edited by wrod

I don't really play games any more (I just seem to be unable to finish a game without getting bored or interrupted). My real gaming period started with the old aoe, then (thx to discovering linux) I switched to wesnoth which had (I remember) quite poor graphics back then! Wesnoth is (apart from 0ad) without any doubt the best open source game I've encountered. In the beginning I was unable to install aoe (1 and 2) with wine but after some time I succeeded so I went back to aoe. When aom came out I bought the game, but until now the cd has stayed uninstalled (at first I thought it didn't install because of a bug in wine, but it was a bug in the install cd!!! When I tried it years later on a windows computer, it said the cd was corrupted! I couldn't go back to the shop to ask a new one so I got a copy from a friend of mine) I never really played aom: after years of having the cd I finally had it on my computer and I never played a single game. There was a short period in which I played a lot of fps's (COD4, sauerbraten, battlefield 3, nexuiz and openArena were probably the ones I played most) Then I played aoe3 for a while with some friends, but I didn't like it as much anymore so I went on a search for some really good rts's: I crossed C&C (generals was quite nice), ee, bfme (I loved this one, but that was most of all because I love Tolkien), boswars, spring, glest (loved this game). In the end I believe the best game I ever played is still the original aoe.

I don't like making decisions so I will examine items for hours before buying something. One day some old shopkeeper in an little shop came to me and told me that in the end the first thing I had picked up would be the one I would decide was my preference (this of course only counts for art, not for electronics) and he was right. He mostly is.

I love 0AD because it is like aoe one, but with better graphics and historically more accurate.

The only game I play these days from time to time (mostly to check out the changes) is 0AD. I sometimes play with my sister of with a friend ... and I'll make sure my girlfriend installs it too once she gets back from holiday ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...