The Egyptians

Tyrannosaurus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oshron if you want to start working on it, just searching for some Egyptian gods images/hieroglyphs but with CC-BY-SA 3.0 or public domain images will boost the texture process creation. (I think there are nice public domain images of Egyptian gods in wikipedia)
well ive been working on the mythology mod for some time, its just that i recently decided to revise their units and buildings; their in-game pantheon is already complete and their other mythological aspects are about halfway done. i was just wondering if anyone would mind if i borrowed content from the units and buildings in this thread ;)

• 1 month later...

I would say may them better tthen age of empires online, because thay dont even have real units.

No elephants.

The Egyptians were known for the best chariots.

make archer and infantry(spearmen) chariots, or may be they can be both..melee.

since they came is -500 ad to 500 ad, they Egyptians would fit...remember Cleopatra. They were ruled by others but once the rulers came to poer they saw the divineness of Egypt and preserved its culture.

I give this one all my votes.

O also the Egyptians were known to use maces.

1. Egyptians stopped using chariots at this time.

2. They did use war elephants at this time--North African Forest Elephants--specifically in war against the Seleucids (the Battle of Raphia springs immediately to mind).

3. I don't know about maces, but their armies by this time were highly Hellenized, with heavy cavalry, heavy pikemen, and mercenaries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree.

Egyptians should not be excluded in this great game. It adds diversity.

Neither have they been portrayed properly in a game.

Egyptians are a really old civilization and not including their great civ would be an insult. :rockon:

1. Egyptians stopped using chariots at this time.

2. They did use war elephants at this time--North African Forest Elephants--specifically in war against the Seleucids (the Battle of Raphia springs immediately to mind).

3. I don't know about maces, but their armies by this time were highly Hellenized, with heavy cavalry, heavy pikemen, and mercenaries.

I have to correct you.

Ptolemy used chariot archers against Caesar in his war with Cleopatra.

Even after that time the Egyptians always used chariots, but since Roman occupation, chariot production halted.

Edited by Burzum

I agree.

Egyptians should not be excluded in this great game. It adds diversity.

Neither have they been portrayed properly in a game.

Egyptians are a really old civilization and not including their great civ would be an insult. :rockon:

I have to correct you.

Ptolemy used chariot archers against Caesar in his war with Cleopatra.

Even after that time the Egyptians always used chariots, but since Roman occupation, chariot production halted.

i hear something similar but not, are Egyptian, i think was his Neighbours[Nubian Maybe], long time ago.