Flattr Donation Support

DGMurdockIII

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello there! I have posted a message on the IRC board, wraitii advised to post it in the forums, as developers read it more often.

So, I discovered Flattr a week ago and yesterday wanted to make a donation for 0 A.D. using it. But k776's message is the only way to find the donation page -- even Flattr search doesn't find 0AD page!

I suggest you could significantly improve the contributions count through Flattr if there were several things made:

1) A button on the main page. Just like the one at GIMP.org.

2) Better search tags and a name on Flattr page. I tried to search for "0AD" (6 results, but no real page), "0 A.D." and "0 AD" (found nothing). I think it is possible to place all 3 names in description or a name. By the way, it would be great to call it "official" -- people won't be confused.

3) And add flattr option on the "Donations" page, of course. It's strange that it still isn't there.

And this are kind wishes, I know that you work intensively and, for me, the game gets better and better! The best RTS on Linux for me, on par with Spring.

P.S. I think that microdonation services like Flattr have true potential, because people want to keep all money in one place and to donate automatically. It's suprising that people nowadays know that it is good to support devs and this is, in my opinion, the model for the future. Not huge revenues like corporate software, of course, but now you can make opensource software and get well paid for it. That is the true balance. You just have to spread your word and let people know how to support you.

Hello there! I have posted a message on the IRC board, wraitii advised to post it in the forums, as developers read it more often.

So, I discovered Flattr a week ago and yesterday wanted to make a donation for 0 A.D. using it. But k776's message is the only way to find the donation page -- even Flattr search doesn't find 0AD page!

I suggest you could significantly improve the contributions count through Flattr if there were several things made:

1) A button on the main page. Just like the one at GIMP.org.

2) Better search tags and a name on Flattr page. I tried to search for "0AD" (6 results, but no real page), "0 A.D." and "0 AD" (found nothing). I think it is possible to place all 3 names in description or a name. By the way, it would be great to call it "official" -- people won't be confused.

3) And add flattr option on the "Donations" page, of course. It's strange that it still isn't there.

Wow that is strange. We'll take care of this soon :)

• Like 1

Done. Still not in the search results though. They must take a while to update.