Blender 3D

Thanks feneur, I wasn’t expecting this to be made into a sticky :)

Maybe we can create a topic on the forums for Blender users to ask general questions? Otherwise all the really useful Blender information gets spread around the forums making it difficult to locate.

Why don't move this info to Trac, and edit this topic to be a place to ask questions? Could have a link to the appropriate place on the Trac wiki as well.

Done, it's on the wiki. I had no idea general users could edit the Design Document. I'll let you guys decide if that's too much information to go on it.

Edit: Glad it worked for you kkaallllee, would have been embarrassing for me had it not :)

Edited by Pureon

• 1 month later...

I'll get back to you in the next few days/hours - I'll look into animations a bit more and make sure the setup is correct before I send it to you.

There's not much info regarding animation setup, one topic I found useful was this one: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.p...topic=12961&hl=

While I'm doing that could one of the admins activate Juicyfruit's PM?

COLLADA: Ton had a concerned mail from COLLADA lead Remi Arnaud, he and Khronos offer their support, they also would love to see Blender to soon get the official Khronos Conformancy Badge! Nathan Letwory is in contact with Remi to check on what can be done together.

Just saw the above here: http://www.blendernation.com/2011/01/17/de...tes-16-jan-2011

Juicyfruit is listed as being on the official Blender 2.5 Collada exporter team, so he might know already. I'm currently working with EmjeR to supply Juicyfruit with a 0AD compatible Blender animation. The future looks good guys :)

Edit: By the way, have either of you successfully exported an animation from Blender that worked in 0AD?

Edited by Pureon

I assumed things were like that, but wanted to be sure :) It can be dangerous to assume things only to later find out you were wrong :D

Edit: By the way, have either of you successfully exported an animation from Blender that worked in 0AD?

I haven't, but then again, the static model I tried to export from Blender didn't work either, so my experience shouldn't be very telling of the degree of difficulty :D

I haven't, but then again, the static model I tried to export from Blender didn't work either, so my experience shouldn't be very telling of the degree of difficulty :)

The exporter didn't work on the earlier 2.5 beta versions, but either the latest 2.5 beta or the stable 2.49 work perfectly well for static models. If you want to try it again, just let me know what error messages you get in Atlas and we'll work from there :D

The exporter didn't work on the earlier 2.5 beta versions, but either the latest 2.5 beta or the stable 2.49 work perfectly well for static models. If you want to try it again, just let me know what error messages you get in Atlas and we'll work from there :)

Nah, don't worry about it. It was more like testing to import a plain cube (I might even have forgotten to convert the faces to triangles or something like that), so nothing of real importance. I might want to check it out some other time, but not in the close future. At that date there might even be a 0 A.D. preset to choose in the COLLADA export window :D

I did know. And yes there all kinds of plans to make things better. I am trying to focus my attention on the importer as far as refactoring goes. But due to exams i am time constrained and the Collada standard is huge and so are the implementation differences of everything out there that implements parts of it as far as I have seen. But till we nail the perfect implementation any concrete scenario that does not work will help us to make things better.

So please do submit bugs and or contact me and I will try to help.