3d object edits?

If the file extension is '.dae', you should be able to import them straight into Blender (File > Import > COLLADA). If it's .pmd, you'll have a much more difficult time - we used this format in the past and have since dropped it. If you do enough research, you might be able to find our import scripts for the format.

The blender collada import/export is not really good enough for the models. I am working on the collada support in Blender for some weeks now and some new guys have come in recently to work on it. I guess it will be much better soon but till then you could try to use Blender 2.49b with the plugin for reading and writing collada.

I have added the models from 0AD svn to my queue of models where the importing fails and I will be working on improving the situation

Edited by Juicyfruit

Hi kkaallllee,

Blender has changed substantially for the unstable 2.5x versions, this required a new Collada importer/exporter which is currently unfinished. Blender often struggles to open even the official example models from collada.org, so it's not a 0AD specific issue.

If you'd like to open a static 0AD collada model in Blender 2.5x do the following:

1) Open the DAE file in Notepad

2) Find the line <diffuse>

3) Delete the entire <diffuse> element. It will look something like this:

<diffuse>
<texture texture="Map__123-image" texcoord="CHANNEL0">
<extra>
<technique profile="MAYA">
<wrapU sid="wrapU0">TRUE</wrapU>
<wrapV sid="wrapV0">TRUE</wrapV>
<blend_mode>ADD</blend_mode>
</technique>
</extra>
</texture>
</diffuse>

(Delete everything from <diffuse> to </diffuse>)

4) Save the file (don't change the DAE format)

5) In Blender 2.5x import the DAE file you've just saved using the importer - File > Import > COLLADA (.dae)

I created a topic with this and other info: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14025

Hope this helps :)