[Resolved] No Menu Can Be Seen, Graphics Not Showing Properly!

joemavericksett

Hello,

I'm running

GNU/Linux distro: Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)

Linux kernel: Linux 2.6.35-23-generic i686

Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M92 [Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series]

I've 320GB of Hard Disk space and 1GB of DDR2 RAM. I'm not using the proprietary drivers for graphic. Every time i start the game these shows; link to photos --->> Screen Shot 1 Screen Shot 2

And the attached file contains the output when i start the game and when i quit it.0ad.txt

This is a driver bug - we ask it to enable S3TC texture compression, and it says okay, but then it doesn't actually support it. I think you can fix it by creating the file ~/.config/0ad/config/local.cfg containing the line

nos3tc = true

which will stop the game trying to use S3TC. (It'll show a performance warning message when starting the game, which you should ignore.)

This is a driver bug - we ask it to enable S3TC texture compression, and it says okay, but then it doesn't actually support it. I think you can fix it by creating the file ~/.config/0ad/config/local.cfg containing the line

nos3tc = true

which will stop the game trying to use S3TC. (It'll show a performance warning message when starting the game, which you should ignore.)

Thanks for the quick response, it really did it. Thank you! :)

Although I also have the problem like this one; Movement of mouse pointer delayed :P

• 1 month later...

hi

I have the same issue as above (this gray screen thing) and created the local.cfg in the config folder. But i have still the same problem. So i searched the log in 0ad/logs and in the mainlog.html i found this entry:

Cannot find config file "config/local.cfg" - ignoring

Cannot find config file "config/profiles/default/settings/user.cfg" - ignoring

I'm pretty sure, that i created the local.cfg in the right folder :-D

I have an archlinux OS and my grafic card is a ati mobility radeon hd 2600 and the driver should be installed. I compied it from source with this two files:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/LatestR...ompilingonLinux

and not from the aur because it doesn't work and i got errors

hope you can help me