Got An Email About Keeping Your Account Active? Then Post Here.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I'm Tore a 17 year old Norwegian. I've been registered here for quite some time now. I haven't posted anything because I simply forgot I was registered here and had things to do.

I'm a fan of RTS games like Command & Conquer, StarCraft, WarCraft and Age of Empires/Mythology. One day in 2009 while browsing Moddb I came across 0.A.D and thought it was a really interesting project.

I'm able to make websites (HTML/CSS) and manage communities and I like to learn new things. In the future I plan to delve deeper in to fields of programming (php, java, javascript, C etc.) if I ever get the chance (or time)

I heard about 0 A.D. a few months ago and thought I would try making a proper Mac build of it (I'm the Mac packager for Wesnoth and Frogatto). I did try to start doing it, but I came upon daunting obstacles and gave up for the time being. I'm still confident that I could do it, and I still hope to eventually if no one else does, but it seemed like a lot of work getting all those libraries working, and I'm kinda busy. Anyway, good luck with the project, it looks like it's coming along nicely!

Hello. I'm from Portugal, I live in Açores. I'm 17 year old and today is my birthday. I like very much to play RTS games and I will like to play 0 A.D. too, although I don't play much now. I think I won't post very much, because I can't write english very well. I hope you enjoy this free (as in freedom) game. I never played it, but, by the videos and screenshots I saw, OAD seems to me a set of the best.

Enjoy your freedom! ^_^

Hi Guys,

I haven't been active in the forums since I registered, I hope to change that from now on :)

So, I joined this group because I wanted to know what a real RTS game looks like in the code.

I'm a graduate student working towards a computer science degree.

I love playing/making games and am looking forward to contributing towards 0 A.D as a programmer.

A big problem is that I like to work on my Mac and naturally, setting the build environment is the most challenging of all.

I've finally got most of the dependencies and issues sorted out and ran the game.

Time to peek into the code.

Cheers,

Raja

Well I got a nice email saying if I don't login and introduce myself my account will be deleted - kinda ominous but practical. I am a developer in my spare time while I work on a Master's Degree in Divinity. I have my own small company @ www.excellentingenuity.com and my current project is an audio/video file management system for websites and CMS. I am a big fan of RTS games and have played the 0 A.D. beta a couple of times.

Hi Guys,

I haven't been active in the forums since I registered, I hope to change that from now on :)

So, I joined this group because I wanted to know what a real RTS game looks like in the code.

I'm a graduate student working towards a computer science degree.

I love playing/making games and am looking forward to contributing towards 0 A.D as a programmer.

A big problem is that I like to work on my Mac and naturally, setting the build environment is the most challenging of all.

I've finally got most of the dependencies and issues sorted out and ran the game.

Time to peek into the code.

Cheers,

Raja

Hello and welcome!

There's currently some work on getting Premake up-to-date which should make building the game on Mac easier.