Alpha 3 Planning

I'm not really going to delve into it here, because this is the wrong discussion for it, but yeah, one involves click-drag and another a radius around the Civ Centre. Neither are mutually exclusive though. In fact I would like to see both. Anyway, no more about Walls in this thread plz. :ok: They will not be going into Alpha III, that I can be sure of (unless an intrepid fan of the game programs it for us in the meantime).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but with everything, not just units. (It will be a gradual process though.)

I have to admit, the 2D artwork is stunning !

One remark about the celtic heroes : the icon is totally different from the 3D actor (armour, facial hair, helmet ) :ok:

Will the 3D model be altered to fit with the 2D ?

I have to admit, the 2D artwork is stunning !

One remark about the celtic heroes : the icon is totally different from the 3D actor (armour, facial hair, helmet ) :ok:

Will the 3D model be altered to fit with the 2D ?

we're using the concept art for those. I mean i don't see the reason in making new art when we've already got such awesome stuff.

@SMST: dude u must be kidding, those icons were awful!

@SMST: dude u must be kidding, those icons were awful!

No really, I'm not kidding. It fitted better with the rest of the UI design, if you ask me.

Well, I am also the only one who liked the look of the old pre-alpha buildings more, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.:ok:

Edited by SMST

Part of the problem with the old "unit shot" portraits is that they were only 64x64 resolution. I think it might be good to use "unit shots" at 128x128 for citizen soldiers and super units, and "portraits" for heroes.

I'd also like to have Hero Medallions like this:

aR3j8.jpg

It's basically a hot button with the hero's portrait. Click it to center and select the hero. Hover for a tooltip to show his stats and status. In a standard game you can only have one hero alive at one time, so there would only be one Medallion. But in custom scenarios where there are more than one hero alive the Medallions could stack from left to right.

• 1 month later...

For alpha 3, which will include many new ship features (new nice ships and the Cycladic Arcipelago map), it would be nice if the boatbuilder will be fixed to only be built on coast, users already reported this problem a few times on the forum.

Other than that alpha3 is looking nice (is a new faction still planned :)?).

It could even flash when taking damage.

maybe for every unit, if they are under attack, you could feature it like Rome Total War where if they are attacked by arrows, it shows some arrows on the right hand corner and if they are fighting in close-quarters, it would show two swords that are crossed on the right hand corner. You could have the same thing for when they are firing like showing a bow or a javelin.

I hate to disappoint, but it'll probably be one of the factions we have planned for. I'll give you a hit to help you narrow it down: it's not the Greeks or Celts.

Well, it's better to add a faction that was planned then never add one. As a personal recommendation, I would most like the Persians or Carthaginians to be implemented first, but the Romans or the Iberians would do too.

Edited by Thorfinn the Shallow Minded