Fog of war

I've been using it the same way as you (SoD = black unexplored regions, FoW = grey previously-explored regions where you have only partial knowledge), and it looks like that's the way most people on the web use it, and we can define things to mean whatever we want within our own game, so I'll say you're right :victory:

Well, in all honesty, I've never used those expressions before, so sorry for the confusion - I think you're right. (y)

Edited by Arthur_D

Ah, that's actually a feature, believe it or not :P See http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/543

It might be re-enabled for cinematic scenarios/custom screenshots though (y)

:victory:

Shame, I loved your skybox. This is actually a step backwards in my opinion.:) Well, I suppose you won't see much of the sky anyway in actual gameplay.

EDIT:

But now the different lighting options (sun position) are gone too? It appears to be that there are now just two lighting options - high noon and midnight. Any "gray zones" seem to have disappeared.

Edited by SMST

In actual gameplay you can never look above the horizon, so you'll never directly see the sky. You can only see the bottom of the skybox by looking outside the edge of the map, and it's most sensible to draw black there. (You can see the sky indirectly in water reflections, so we still draw it in that case.)

Lighting shouldn't have changed at all.