0 A.d. Engine

Eminent

I'm aware of the fact that this probably is a stupid question, but I'm wondering whether or not, your Prometheus engine is homemade? I'm wondering about this, due to the fact that Prometheus also is the name of Gamebryo's engine.

Other than that am I wondering how you plan to beta 0 A.D. I'm not interested in a date, but rather your methods, if you want to share them that is.

Yes, the Prometheus engine is completely 'homemade', so to speak. Everything has been coded by us, excluding libraries and dependances, of course. :)

We have recently become aware of the naming conflict, and are searching for a solution.

The beta test is still a long ways off. I do know that it will be a closed beta as we want to keep prerelease versions out of public hands.

I'm wondering about this, due to the fact that Prometheus also is the name of Gamebryo's engine.

Yeah, we recently found that out too :) We're checking into it to see if theres going to be any legal issues or anything. Eitherway, it won't effect the outcome or quality of the game, so you have nothing to worry about on that front :D

Hehe, we don't haven't finished the game yet we're already planning cheat codes :)

Nah, most likely you would type "A small jig performed by Jason" and then a funny Gif-like animation would apear on the screen for a while :D ala Tappy, the tap dancing kitty which is my avatar.

One things for sure, 0AD's cheat codes will have style :P

Has anyone seen the Seinfeld episode in which Elaine dances in front of a camera?

(Not an attempt to compare Jason's dancing skills with those of Elaine from Seinfeld. I'm sure he's a very good dancer compared to her - heck, anyone's a very good dancer compared to her!)