Alpha feedback

Pureon

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big question is, will these make it into the game? I'd love to have a map in the next release, which only had one player, but was an entire city, to demonstrate how nice it can be

There is no reason Pureon's work shouldn't be the game. In the scenario design community we call this eye candy and use it to embellish the game world where-ever we can. I remember there is some design layed out for world ambient objects exactly for the purpose. We anticipate attempting to recreate the look of dense cities...Along these lines.... What would be very helpful is creating generic buildings out of the current art already used for the civs. They don't have to be much for starters, just a few simple shapes. This and any of the eye candy Puereon is making can go to designing cities for the campaign or even random maps (if the sky were the limit) :)

These might not have a gameplay use (yet) but they can be included as objects in atlas. Or in PR videos and screenshots. Ofcourse its useable. We had a list going back in the day which is a goldmine of ideas to start with.

Its beautiful work :)

Edited by Aeros

There is no reason Pureon's work shouldn't be the game.

Ofcourse its useable.

Of course they're usable and should be included. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough with my original message, so my mistake.

What I meant last time was "Do you plan to finish them to a point where they can be committed and used ingame soon?".

I would love to see these ingame, and usable in Atlas.

Concerning the bridge: I wish it was possible in 0 AD to build bridges across rivers (with the builders working their way from one side to the other, instead of starting to build from 2 sides). Imagine the strategic possibilities in multiplayer when your opponent has crossed a river with a pontoon bridge or a time- and resources consuming stone bridge.

Edited by plumo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This weekend I started working on a bridge inspired by reconstructions of Roman wooden bridges:

0ADwoodenbridge02.jpg

0ADwoodenbridge01.jpg

It's still a work-in-progress, especially the walkway texture, but I don't have any more time to work on it today so thought I'd share :)

Historical note: Julius Caesar, with the help of around 40,000 Roman soldiers, built a wooden bridge over the river Rhine in just 10 days during the Gallic War in 55 BC.

This weekend I started working on a bridge inspired by reconstructions of Roman wooden bridges:

It's still a work-in-progress, especially the walkway texture, but I don't have any more time to work on it today so thought I'd share :)

Historical note: Julius Caesar, with the help of around 40,000 Roman soldiers, built a wooden bridge over the river Rhine in just 10 days during the Gallic War in 55 BC.

wonderful :worship:

may i suggest you also a boat bridge?

• 1 month later...

Apparently I haven't been posting enough screenshots recently on the public forums! Here are some shots of Mediterranean Cove, one of the new maps we're releasing with Alpha 6:

0ADriamap01.jpg

0ADriamap02.jpg

0ADriamap03.jpg

0ADriamap04.jpg

0ADriamap05.jpg

Many thanks to Mythos_Ruler for his time testing and improving the map (oh and sneakily renaming it while I wasn't looking ;))!