Performance log

Here are some performance details. At some points, the logic was well over 3500. The rendering was generally about half of the logic as long as the logic was 100-200. Above that, the rendering stayed about 100, and the logic spiked for several minutes.

There are 60 units as you can see in the screenshots. They are all archers and javelinists which I chose because I thought they would require more graphics power. I have tested this with non-ranged infantry and cavalry and got the same basic results (although I did not check the profiler).

There is no other activity on the map (the other players are defeated, there are no units gathering, only my 1 civil center - nothing in the queue.) Many of the resources have been cleared also.

Apparently, this was not during the worst part (around 1000 logic I think), but I don't what to try it again right now

profile.txt

post-1532-1281988237_thumb.jpg

post-1532-1281988375_thumb.jpg

As mentioned a bit on IRC: It looks like this is the old problem with the pathfinder, though I'm not sure why it's quite so terribly slow for you (maybe I just didn't test with enough units?). The situation to avoid when playing the game is lots of units all moving and getting in each other's way, because that makes each of them do a not-very-fast path recomputation every time they move. I think the real solution is to redesign how unit movement works (again) so that it works better in these situations. (The current pathfinder should probably be kept for navigating around static obstacles, since I think it works well for that - we just need an extra layer for dynamic obstacles.)

Considering that is the only action on the whole map, I don't think 60 units versus 15 or so is very much. I tasked them in small groups (5-6) to get them there. That caused a moderate amount of lag because I did it in waves, not all at once. Once they got there and started picking targets, it got as "slow as molasses uphill in the winter time."