Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeru

Pathfinding Showcase: The Video

10 posts in this topic

In the footsteps* of the previous news post, 0 A.D. fan qubodup, whose YouTube profile says is called Iwan and is from Germany, has uploaded the following awesome video:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

(Hat tip: SMST)

* Footsteps! As in pathfinding! Get it? Ba-da-bing!

Edited by Jeru

They're largely at the stage of thinking that implementing formations would be a good idea. Now they just need to be fully designed and implemented ;)

Holy mother of Crimbo that looks gorgeous. The AI already seems smarter than most RTS and I recognise a clean foundation for an excellent game.

My first instinct is to try and throw money at you :) Since I lack time to commit to such a project.

I will try and grab a copy of the source code and get it running on Fedora 12.

Keeping a close eye on you guys and will see if theres a way I can help.

Thanks for the compliments and we'd appreciate anything you can do to lend a hand. (Worth much more to us than money at this point).

Whoever made that video must have a very nice rig to capture full-screen video like that and to run the game in widescreen resolution with no lag at the same time.

Edited by Mythos_Ruler

Awesome progress guys! i'm getting antsy, its really starting to look great. I also didnt quite no where to post this so i figured i would say something here, your link for the ubuntu download and installation seems to be broken.

The Ubuntu package comes from PlayDeb, who are currently down (since over a week ago) but should be back within a day or two.

That doesn't seem too bad... Don't recall to have seen the Merchant Ship before either, but it looks great!